I started writing this yesterday, and the day totally got away from me. I’m so glad it’s getting cooler at night. I sleep much better when there’s a cool breeze blowing in my windows. I did have a question for you yesterday, and it’s still perplexing me this morning… How in the heck is it the first of September already? Is it just me, or has this year absolutely flown by?
Since we only have four months left to meet our goals for this year, I have a feeling it’s going to be a busy time for many. Personally, I am excited to revive my KDP publishing efforts, and also build up the retail side of my business. So I’m really happy to be taking part in Lori’s September Product Listing Challenge. I’ll be listing my first and second products later today in my Etsy shop.
I have a couple of announcements for you before we dive into the deals for the day:
Announcement #1 – Labour Day Weekend Sale
I’m putting together a Labour Day Weekend Sale for you that will run from Saturday to Wednesday. I’ll have more details for you on that in tomorrow’s newsletter.
Announcement #2 – New Mailing List Software
I’m also going to be testing out a new mailing software over the next month or so. If you bought the Meet the Creators Deal from us this week, look for an email from me on the new software in the next day or two. I’m setting it all up this afternoon and will share more details once I see how it all works.
Announcement #3 – September Daily Reads
Since it’s the start of a new month, I have a new topic for the Daily Reads too. Something I’ve been hearing from a lot of people in the last few weeks is how they’re not confident enough to put themselves and their products out there for sale. So, I have a series of articles this month that will help you with this. It’s an important topic for me too, because being confident in my work is something I also struggle with on a daily basis, so the tips and ideas I’ll be sharing this month are just as much a reminder for me as I hope they are help for you.
Today’s Read: Answer Me This: What Do You Do?
One of the most common questions we soulpreneurs and creatives get is “What do you do?” It doesn’t matter if you’re at a live or virtual event, a party, or even just at the grocery store, there is a chance that someone will want to know what you do. You need to be able to explain what you do clearly within 60 seconds or so for anyone asking to still be interested in what you do after asking.
Some people call this answer an “elevator speech” but that always sounds so canned to me. I much prefer a more relaxed approach because anything that has the word “speech” in it makes me break out in hives!
Nevertheless, there are a few questions you should have answers to for when the topic of what you do comes up in conversation.
Question #1 – Who are you?
This is maybe the easiest once to answer because it’s so straightforward. Just give them your name and maybe a random fact related to your audience and business.
Question #2 – What do you do?
When you answer this, you can add more of what you do, framing it to fit the context of the conversation. For example, if you are a graphic designer that could mean a lot of things to a lot of people. You could create websites, develop logos, create videos, or make coloring pages and planners. Since all of those options can fall under a generic ‘graphic designer’ label, you need to be specific about what you do.
Question #3 – Who do you serve?
Knowing who your ideal customer is also helps you explain more clearly what you do. If you’re clear on who you serve, you’re going to be more clear on what you do to serve them and this comes across in your conversations.
Question #4 – Why do you do it?
If it comes up, you’ll also want to be clear on why you do what you do. You don’t have to share your life story here, just a sentence or two about why doing what you do is important to you.
Question #5 – What’s your USP?
This isn’t going to come up in exactly those words, but you do need to be clear on what your unique selling proposition (USP) is or any explanation of what you do is going to come across as wishy-washy and confused.
Question #6 – How do I contact you?
You’ll always want to have a way to contact you handy. Business cards are great for in person conversations. One of the best pieces of advice I got when I was first starting out was to have a freebie offer right on your card. QR codes make that a lot easier now than it was back then. Give them your card with a QR code leading to a landing page just for people you meet in person to take you up on an introductory offer.
All of these questions come together to answer the “what do you do” question when you’re having conversations with people you meet. If you’re clear on all of this – and you should be – you won’t sound like you’re giving a prepared speech, but are confident in who you are, what you do, and how you serve your ideal audience.
And now, here are today’s deals…
Bonus Offers Updates:
There’s been a few people who have told me they find the new bonus system a little confusing. So, I’m going to revamp the page a little this week to see if I can’t streamline the process even more.
For now, here is a list of the products that qualify for bonuses as of today:
- Kate Riley Anderson – Printable Pros – Claim 3 Bonuses when you purchase this course
- NEW! A Cup of Zen – Explore Your Psychic Gifts
- A Cup of Zen – Annual Spirit Animals DFY Content Subscription
- PLR of the Month Club – Toolkit #16 Digital Planner
- PLR Beach – Fall in Love with Fall Bundle
- NEW! PLR SOS – How to Conquer Overwhelm
- NEW! Piggy Makes Bank – Influencer Marketing to Grow Your Business
- NEW! Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 1 – Planner Monthly Archives – Claim 3 Bonuses when you purchase
- NEW! Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 2 – 2020 Product Bundle – Claim 3 bonuses PLUS 2 x $50 store credit
- NEW! Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 3 – Lifetime Club – Claim 5 bonuses PLUS 5 x $50 in store credit
- NEW! Ekit Hub – Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
Please note: I will be cleaning up the claim form this weekend, so if you bought something in August that you haven’t claimed your bonus for yet, please do that before Saturday.
Deals Ending Today
Existing Content Sale: How to Journal Your Way to the Life, Business, and Income of Your Dreams
Melissa and Nicole have put their How to Journal Your Way to the Life, Business, and Income of Your Dreams Planner on sale from now through September 2 for only $17 when you use promo code 17. The step-by-step planner covers:
- Step 1: Create A Journal That Sparks Amazement and Deepens Your Soul
- Step 2: Breakthroughs Happen When Your Desire To Change Occurs – Your Time is Now!
- Step 3: Here’s How to Begin Living With Intention & Create A Business By Design
New Deals Today
Celebrating All Month Long!
Jenn at Planning Addicts is celebrating her business anniversary all month long. She’s got three special offers for you to choose from that are available for this month only:
Offer #1 – Planner Monthly Club Archives ($94) – includes 15 packs of themed planner templates that are no longer available to club members or anywhere else on the site.
Bonus Offer: Claim 3 bonus products when you purchase this product.
Offer #2 – 2020 Product Bundle ($411.75) – includes 35 products in one bundle for less than half price.
Bonus Offer: Claim 3 bonus products when you purchase this product. PLUS receive 2 x $50 coupons in store credit for my shop.
Offer #3 – Planning Addicts Lifetime Club ($997) – Customers get access to more than $2,000 worth of products from the archives and current for only $997. Plus access to everything new going forward (excludes the Clubs, Reseller PLR, & my bonuses for other people’s products)
Bonus Offer: Claim 5 bonus products when you purchase this product. PLUS receive 5 x $50 coupons in store credit for my shop.
End of Summer Sale Starts Today!
Carmen is kicking off September with a sitewide End of Summer of Sale (excluding monthly memberships). Use coupon code ENDOFSUMMER35 to save 35% through Monday, September 6.
New DFY Content: Explore Your Psychic Gifts Done-for-You Content and Planner
Gabby has just released her latest DFY Content pack. The Explore Your Psychic Gifts Done-for-You Content and Planner includes:
- 5 pre-written blog posts
- 1 Cover Design in Canva & PowerPoint (PPTX) – Sizes Include 8.5×11,″ 8×10,″ 6×9, and A4 in Color and Grayscale
- Explore Your Psychic Gifts Planner Templates (40 interior pages) in 8.5×11,″ 8×10,″ 6×9, and A4 size in Canva & PowerPoint in Color and Grayscale
- 5 Watercolor Graphics in PNG in 300 DPI
- PLR / Commercial Use Rights
Use coupon code psychicgifts to save $20 through September 5.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a choose-your-own bonus. You’ll find a link to the bonus instructions on Gabby’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone Ekit
Alice and Yusef have a new Ekit available this weekend on Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone for only $11.97 through Tuesday, September 7. It includes:
- 5 Page Report: “10 Ways to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone to Make Big Changes in Your Life”
- Professionally-Designed Ecover Set
- 5 Articles
- 10 – 18″ x 24″ Poster Graphics
- 72-Page Exploring My Passion Journal
- 72-Page Reaching My Goals Journal
- 2 Journal Cover Sets
- 36-Card Exploring My Passion Deck
- 36-Card Reaching Goals Quotes Deck
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a choose-your-own bonus. You’ll find a link to the bonus instructions on the Ekit Hub site after you purchase.
New PLR: Write It! Boost Productivity and Transform Your Life Through Journaling
Nicole has just released a new PLR pack on her Content Drafts site. Write It! Boost Productivity and Transform Your Life Through Journaling includes:
- A self-assessment quiz
- Epic blog post
- 5 shorter posts
- 6 social posts each for Twitter and FB.
Use coupon code journaling to save 50% through September 15.
New PLR: Influencer Marketing to Grow Your Business
Tracy and Susanne have a new package available on using Influencer Marketing to Grow Your Business. This pack includes 30 Articles, 30 Emails, eBook Compilation, 30 Social Media Posts, their “How to Run an Email Challenge” Guide, plus an eBook/Workbook combo. Use coupon code INFLUENCE to save $40
Some of the topics covered include:
- Influencer Marketing and the Pyramid of Influence
- These Niches Benefit the Most from Influencer Marketing
- Why Influencer Marketing Works
- Start with the Right Influencer and Target Audience
- Top Social Media Platforms for Influencer Marketing
- Be Aware of and Follow FTC Guidelines
- Define Your Influencer Marketing Goals
- Important Influencer Performance Metrics
- Influencer Marketing Vs. Brand Ambassadors
- The Do’s and Don’ts to Influencer Marketing
- A Comprehensive Social Media Influencer Checklist
- How to Search and Vet Potential Influencers
- Affiliate Vs. Influencer Marketing: Key Differences to Know
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a choose-your-own bonus. You’ll find a link to the bonus instructions on the Piggy Makes Bank site after you purchase.
New PLR: How to Conquer Overwhelm
Tracy and Susanne also have a new pack over on their PLR SOS site on How to Conquer Overwhelm. This pack includes 10 articles, 10 emails, and 6 Canva templates to go with the written content. You can pick up the entire package for only $14.95 through Sunday, September 12. No coupon needed.
Article topics include:
- What Causes Overwhelm
- Defining The Cause Of Your Overwhelm
- You Don’t Need To Know Or Do It All (what’s your first step?)
- How A Brain Dump Can Help With Overwhelm
- Overwhelm And Stress
- Action Is A Great Way To Put Overwhelm Into Its Place
- 3 Effective Strategies To Use When You’re Overwhelmed (Break it down, Put It Off (not now), Delegate)
- Dealing With Overwhelm When You Don’t Know What To Do
- Dealing With Overwhelm When You Know What To Do
- Tips For Preventing Overwhelm In The Future
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a choose-your-own bonus. You’ll find a link to the bonus instructions on the PLR SOS site after you purchase.
Low Content Resources
Best $5 Deal Ever? I Think So…
We’re calling it the Meet the Creators Sale, and with it you can pick up a bundle of 8 products in the low content space for only $5!
Here’s what’s included:
- From me – 12 Week Coloring Planner Pages – These are new and created just for this bundle!
- From Stephanie Hansen – 18-month Watercolor Motivational Calendar
- From Jan Small – The Floral Birthday Calendar
- From Melody Wigdahl – Digital Vision Board and Journal
- From Helen Ross – 40 Pages of Planner, Journal, and Activity Pages
- From Lori Winslow – Natural Summer Beauty Social Media Pack
- From Sue Fleckenstein – Sleep Journal & Tracker
- From Michelle – 17 Bird Watching Covers
This is a great way to meet and get to know the work of some of the best low content creators in the niche. And, since all the products come with PLR/Commercial Use Rights, it gives you a good starting point for your own creations without breaking the bank!
After you purchase, you’ll see an upsell bundle of 8 more full products for only $17.
New Printables: Fall in Love with Fall Bundle
Becky has a new Fall in Love with Fall Bundle of planners available this week. It includes a 32-page undated weekly planner in 3 sizes, 30 fall clipart, stickers, and 40 digital papers. Use coupon code LOVEFALL to save $10 through September 6.
This product qualifies for a bonus. You will find the bonus claim details on Becky’s site after purchase.
PLR.me’s 13th Anniversary Sale
PLR.me is celebrating 13 years of awesome PLR, and for this week only (through Sunday, Sept. 5) you can get a 2-for-1 DOUBLE bonus on any new subscription, pay-as-you-go credits, or members-credits.
PLUS: Your bonus credits NEVER expire!
So even if you decide to cancel your subscription down the road… you’ll still keep these bonus credits.
And there’s so much to choose from:
- Full eBooks (230+ to choose from)
- Stunning Presentations (140+ to choose from)
- Course Bundles (with all marketing materials)
- Affirmations (4,500+ to choose from)
- Articles (5,300+ to choose from)
- Email Sequences
- Lead Magnets
- …and so much more!
This has been my go-to PLR provider for personal development content since they opened way back in 2008!
Check it out and pick up your bonus credits here
Tools and Training
New Training: Sell the Shovel
Di Heuser is pulling back the curtains and sharing how to create your own PLR Business in the Low Content Niche with her new Sell the Shovel Training.
In this course, Di takes you through the entire process from start to finish, of how to create a PLR and commercial use business that supplies tools and resources to people who want to start their own publishing business.
This is a comprehensive training on all aspects of the business, not just product creation. You could in fact use this training to start any type of business in any niche because the principles are the same. She shares all her secrets of how she built up her PLR Planners business to the extent where it now supports her and a team of 5 comfortably.
The course is on sale for the early bird price of $397 through September 3, at which point Di will be closing registration until all the modules are completed. There is also a 2-payment option, OR if you are a member of her Creative Business Academy, you’ll find it included in your membership.
New Training: Printable Pros
You may have noticed that I have not been promoting a lot of training programs lately. I’m making an exception for Kate’s new Printable Pros training this week because I’ve done all of Kate’s previous courses and I always learn a ton. I’m expecting this one will be no different and will be picking it up for myself as well before the day is out. It’s been one of my priority goals this year to get a retail printables shop up and running.
Printable Pros will show you how to quickly create a successful printable business on Etsy, your own blog, or your website. She’s also going to share her bonus printable-plus strategy. Bonus content is also included, such as checklists, lead magnets, swipe files, shop graphics, and much more! This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE course that will help you generate passive income with in-demand printables.
Check it out here if you’re interested in building up your own printables shop.
This product qualifies for bonuses. You’ll find the bonus claim document in your Warrior Plus download area after you purchase.
Creative Fabrica’s Weekly Discount Deals
The Hungry Jpeg’s Dollar Deals Page
The Ultimate Mockup Medley For Creatives from Design Cuts
The Complete Versatile Vintage Collection from Design Cuts
New! The Mysterious Bundle from Design Cuts
The Printables Sticker Bundle, Vol. 3 from Design Bundles
The Procreate Brush Bundle 4 from Design Bundles
The Adorable Pets Bundle from The Hungry Jpeg – 31 graphics packs for $17
The Autumn Days Collection from The Hungry Jpeg – 24 fonts and 25 graphics packs for $29
The Salt & Pepper Font Bundle – 400+ fonts for $22
New! Free Comfort Zone Poster from Ekit Hub
New! Flocking Flamingos Coloring Pages from Rayven – use coupon code FLAMINGO to make it free
New! 2Free Cat Yoga Posters from Jay
New! Free Fall Journal Prompts and Journal from Health & Wellness PLR
New! Free September Product Listing Challenge from Lori Winslow – Last day to signup is Friday, Sept. 3
Free Confidence Printables from Ekit Hub
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
Free At a Glance Calendars from Lori Winslow
10 Free Confidence Graphics from Alice at Publish for Prosperity
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Free 5-Pack of “Dealing with a Crisis or Difficult Situation” Articles
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
Muddy Lilac Seamless Pattern Template (Affinity Designer) from Lynette
- Fall Pumpkin Bundle from Creative Fabrica
- New! Purple Butterflies Clipart from Creative Fabrica
- New! Creative Fabrica Freebie – Watercolor Greenery
- Design Cuts Freebie – Shutter Stone – Signature Script
- Design Bundles Freebie – Flowers Procreate Brush
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor forest friends
- Design Bundles Free Design of the Week – Rainbow Ombre Glitter Drip Papers
- Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Keen On You
- Font Bundles Freebie – Rosella Handwritten Brush Font
- The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Sallomae – Playful Font
- Cat Character Creator from The Hungry Jpeg
And that’s it for me this morning. I’ve already been down to the diner for breakfast, so I’m going to take a short break and then dive into my list for the day.
P.S. – $5-$7 Deals For You
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|