If you’re new to my community, a warm welcome to you! I’m so happy you’ve decided to join us!
So, I got my wish from my newsletter yesterday, and Shaun did indeed get home in time for us to go to the driving range last night! It was so nice to be outside in the fresh air for awhile and get a workout too. I think my Sunday lessons are starting to pay off because I was hitting some decent shots with my driver and 3-wood and I’ve never been able to hit those very well. It’s a good thing too because we’ve had storm watches and pouring rain all afternoon here!
Today was laundry day, and honestly, it’s not something I’m used to doing. We’ve had a long-standing deal that I do all the grocery shopping, and Shaun does the laundry. Except that now he does his laundry at the girlfriend’s place on the weekends, so I’m doing laundry AND grocery shopping myself. I wouldn’t mind so much except I hate the two hours at the laundromat that I could be using to do other, more productive things. I survived the experience today even though the place was absolutely crowded, hot, and humid but it did leave me pretty much done for the rest of the day.
I think I’m starting to pick up a second wind now though, so here’s I have for you today, starting with the next installment in our content marketing series:
Today’s Read: 10 Content Marketing Mistakes You Might Be Making
At first glance, content marketing seems like the easiest thing in the world to do. You write an article (or buy some PLR) and throw it up on your site and wait for the search engines to find it. Easy peasy, right? Unfortunately, that’s pretty much the wrong way to go about it.
The truth is, it’s easy to fall into some pretty bad habits when it comes to content marketing and I don’t want that for you. So today I have 10 content marketing mistakes you might be making without even realizing it.
Mistake #1 – Not having a goal for your content
Before you even start creating an outline for any piece of content, ensure that you know what your goals are for the content. Whether you create it, buy it, or curate it, there must be a point for it existing before you do it.
Mistake #2 – Sharing content that’s not relevant for your audience
Always keep your ideal customer in mind when you’re creating your content. That way you’ll be sure to give them the information they need and avoid sending them down rabbit holes or squirrel trails with content that doesn’t meet their needs.
Mistake #3 – Thinking your ideal audience never changes
Just because you researched your audience six months ago, doesn’t mean you can stop now. Audience characteristics often stay the same, but their behavior and thoughts can change with seasons, trends, and as a result of pretty much anything else going on in their lives.
Mistake #4 – Not adding calls to action to your content
A call to action is to content marketing what the punchline is to a good joke. Absolutely necessary because it’s the main reason you’re creating the content in the first place – to lead the customer to your next step.
Mistake #5 – You don’t follow up enough
Everyone’s overloaded with content these days, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be following up with your new reader/prospect/customer. Because out of all that noise, they chose YOU to give their email address and/or money to.
Mistake #6 – You don’t pay attention to SEO
I’ll admit to being guilty of this one myself, but SEO is necessary and it’s also very powerful if you do it right.
Mistake #7 – You don’t have a funnel
Funnel, schmunnel. That is NOT the way to think about funnels because whether we like it or not, funnels work. They make your marketing tasks easy and predictable; they make your customer’s buying journey a logical progression from lead magnet to high-end product (if that’s what you sell); and most important of all they give you a visual and measurable framework for your business.
Mistake #8 – You make plans that don’t fit your goals
It’s great to make goals and it’s equally great to make plans, but you have to make sure that your plans reflect the goals you want to achieve. It’s so easy to get sidetracked with new and interesting topics that have nothing to do with what you or your audience is expecting from you. (Just ask me how hard it is to stay focused on one topic!)
Mistake #9 – You don’t keep track of key performance indicators
What the heck are key performance indicators? That’s the question I had the first time I heard someone talking about KPI. You should be setting these up when you create the goals for your content so you know how effective it is.
Mistake #10 – You don’t pay attention to your data
You’d probably be surprised at the number of people who don’t even look at their data. They just keep throwing content up on their blogs and in their emails without seeing how well it works. It’s hard to repeat your successes if you’re not paying attention to what actually works.
So how many of these mistakes have you made in your business? I know I’ve made more than what I’ve admitted to in this article, but just writing about them makes me want to drop everything and start fixing.
And now, here are today’s deals…
Bonus Offers Updates:
I’ve added 3 new products to the bonus page and the form yesterday for you.
Here are the active bonuses for this week:
- Aurelius Tjin – Master Self-Awareness
- Color Monthly – Victorian Weddings Coloring Pages
- NAMS – Simple Video Management System (SVMS)
- Zen PLR – Unicorns Activity Pack
- Tools for Motivation – Chasing Imperfection
- PLR Planners – Creative Business Academy
- A Cup of Zen – Calming Anxiety and Worry
Last Day for These Deals…
Existing Content Deal: 453 Printable Cards
Alice has a special deal for you this week. Her and Yusef have put together a bundle of 453 printable cards from the OTOs of their various Ekits for you. You can grab this deal for only $27 through Thursday, July 15. The topics covered include:
- Self Confidence Affirmations
- Positive Affirmations
- In Good Health
- Peace and Happiness
- Love and Relationships
- Health Quotes
- Kindness Affirmations
- Pets and Animals
- Growth Mindset
- Intentions Affirmations
- Love and Relationships Quotes
- Gratitude Affirmations
New Planner: Weekly Client-Getting Content Plan
Melissa and Nicole have just released their latest planner. The My Weekly Client-Getting Content Plan covers:
- Step 1: Lay the Foundations to Attract Your Dreamiest Clients
- Step 2: The Real Fortune is Always in the Follow-up
- Step 3: Swoon-Worthy Content To Attract Your Soul-Mate Clients
- Step 4: Leverage Your Email Marketing Genius To Bring in Mega-Cash
- Step 5: Create, Convert, and Close with Video This Week
- Step 6: Broadcast Your Brilliance On Your Podcast
- Step 7: Magnetize Your Online Presence And Rank High With Mr. Google
Check it out here and use coupon code 50 to save 50% through July 15.
New Training: Adorn My Electronics
Marian Blake is back this week with a new training for using your images and quotes to create products you can sell. The Adorn My Electronics course includes:
- 15 bite-size videos to guide you through product.
- A PDF TO HELP EXPLAIN THE PRODUCT.
- The niche research behind the types.
- How to create simple templates you can use again and again.
- How to use plugins to make changes quickly and easily.
- How to create two bonus products linked to Desktop Wallpapers you can sell separately or as a bundle with the desktop wallpaper.
- What size png’s. do you need to create to cover the 15 different screen sizes out there and how to save them.
- Written customer explanations you can brand with your information and use as part of your sales bundle to your customers. This will reduce the numbers of complaints you may get!
- and more…
Check it out here and pick up your copy for only $17 through July 15.
New Deals Today
New Clipart: Vintage Botanical Clipart from Lynette
Lynette has a new set of Vintage Botanical Clipart available that includes 100 illustrations that have been hand drawn by her daughter. The files come as PNG, SVG and PPT formats to make it easy to work with. Use coupon code BOTANICAL to save 50% through July 20.
New Printables: Work From Home Planner from Jan
Jan has a new Work at Home Planner available this week. It includes 29 unique pages in 2 sizes and comes in both Canva and PPT formats. Use coupon code ATHOME to pay only $12.95 through July 27.
New Desktop Wallpaper Templates from Di
Di has created a new Desktop Wallpaper PowerPoint Template that you can use to create desktop calendars. This is a really cool idea that you can use to create lead magnets for your site and/or sell in your online shops. You get 10 master slides to work with and they come in 4 sizes to adapt to any screen size. Use coupon code WALLPAPER20 to save 20% through July 20.
New Printables: Kid’s Nature Walk Printables from Sue
Sue has created a very cool set of Kids Nature Walk Printables that includes a mix of activities, scavenger hunts, specimen collection ideas and more. There are 18 templates in all and they come in 8.5 x 11 and A4 sizes. Use coupon code NATURE5 to save $5 through July 19.
ICYMI… Yesterday’s Deals
New DFY Content: Calming Anxiety and Worry
Gabby has a new DFY Content pack on Calming Anxiety and Worry available this week. Use coupon code calm to save $20 through Sunday, July 18. The content includes:
- 5 Pre-Written Blog Posts
- 1 Cover Design in Canva & PowerPoint (PPTX) – Sizes Include 8.5×11,″ 8×10,″ 6×9, and A4 in Color and Grayscale
- Calming Worry & Anxiety Workbook Templates (31 interior pages) in 8.5×11,″ 8×10,″ 6×9, and A4 size in Canva & PowerPoint in Color and Grayscale
- 8 Watercolor Graphics in PNG in 300 DPI
- PLR / Commercial Use Rights
New Printables: Junk Journal Pages
Di has a new set of Junk Journal Pages with commercial use rights available this week. You get 10 designs in the package in 8.5 x 11 JPG format. Use coupon code JUNK55 to save $5 through Saturday, July 17.
The Freebie Section
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
- New! Loving Kitten Quirky Font from Creative Fabrica
- Garden of Roses Digital Papers from Creative Fabrica
- New! Creative Fabrica Freebie – The Free Funny Quote Bundle
- Design Cuts Freebie – Tasty Textures Pack
- New! Design Bundles Freebie – Cute Cats and Patterns
- Design Bundles Freebies – Funny Snails Clipart
- New! Design Bundles Free Design of the Week – Summer gnomes
- New! Font Bundles Free Font of the Week – changes each Wednesday
- Font Bundles Freebie – Keen On You
- Font Bundles Freebie – Rosella Handwritten Brush Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Happy Birthday Graphics
- And from me – 5 Free Square Coloring Patterns
That’s it for me tonight. I’m off relax and read a bit before calling it a night. We’re supposed to have thunderstorms and more rain until at least 1 a.m. so tea and a good book sounds like just the thing right now.
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy.
P.S. – $5-$7 Deals For You
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|