It’s shaping up to be a busy day here at Ritchie Media headquarters. Between all the things work list and all the other life things I need to do today like laundry and groceries, I’m getting tired just thinking about it. I’m excited though, because once I get through all the “must dos” today I’m going to sit down and play with Shawn’s new course.
And then I’m going to actually implement it and get some new stuff into my Etsy shop this weekend.
There’s a good reason for that, as you’ll see in today’s read. There are definitely benefits to implementing your new course as you learn.
Today’s Read: Why You Should Implement as You Learn
Yesterday we talked about using your new course as soon as you buy it, and how important it is not to let your new purchases gather digital dust.
But there’s another kind of dust that can gather when it comes to using what you buy. And that’s in the implementation of what you’re learning. If you spend all of your time learning and none of it actually doing what you learn, you’re filling your brain with what I’m going to call “mental dust” and that can lead to feelings of overwhelm and frustration.
Here’s the thing… whether you learn best by seeing, hearing, or touching new material, there are universal practices that help all of us absorb material and benefit from it right away. Acting on what you learn and using the material in practical ways helps your brain internalize the content. If you apply this to the courses you buy and take for your business, implementing it as quickly as possible makes it easier to connect the content to your business and make it work for you.
Overwhelm is Real
If you try to do all the learning at once, you can end up both overwhelmed and in a perpetual state of analysis paralysis. How many times have you walked away or gotten frustrated because you just don’t know where to start?
Starting a course at the beginning and implementing as you go is a healthier and better way to take on a course. Start from the beginning and absorb the information one step at a time and translate what you’ve learned to your business. When you feel like you have a good handle on what you’ve learned so far, then add more information or take on another step in the course. The more you use the material the more normal it will feel, and you’ll see the benefits in your business.
Evaluate as You Go
When it comes to courses, there is no one size fits all. And each person who uses a course is going to apply it in different ways to their own business. And, dare I say, that not all of the courses you buy are going to be a good fit for your business.
Acting on and implementing new material as you learn it can help you to see rather quickly how well a particular lesson is working for you. Making time to evaluate the data from implementing the material helps you make important decisions.
Taking action quickly can help you reach your goals quicker and see the progress you desired when you purchased or signed up for the course. By the same token, it can also let you know when you need to tweak things a little to fit your particular business model.
Don’t Be Afraid to Tweak Things
That’s something I’ve learned from experience and that a lot of course providers won’t tell you. Do not be afraid to take what you need out of a course, tweak what you can, and leave the rest behind. Only you know how well something is working for your business, and I don’t know about you, but I’m not into doing things for negative results just because someone else says you should!
Break the Cycle of Learning without Implementing
Too many people (me included) get stuck in the cycle of taking class after class and never doing anything with them. It’s almost like the learning itself becomes a hobby or form of entertainment rather than a business tool. Getting into the habit of taking a course and implementing it quickly can break the cycle of learning and leaving the content on the table.
The bottom line is, if you are spending time to learn something new, the best thing you can do is implement the material as you learn it. Taking small steps as a course unfolds allows you to get comfortable with new material and apply it to your business. Rather than feeling overwhelmed with the whole thing or even forgetting what you’ve learned, taking consistent action will help you get the most out of the training you’ve invested in.
And now, here are today’s deals…
New in the Store Today: Monthly Planner Divider Pages
I have a new set of Monthly Planner Divider Pages to color available in my shop today. This pack contains 12 pages – one for each month – filled with images that represent each month. These come in 4 sizes – 8.5 x 11, 8×10, 6×9, and A4 in JPG format, 300 d.p.i. for printing.
See them here and use coupon code DIVIDER20 to save 20% through December 9.
Today’s Gifts and Deals
It’s time for all kinds of gifts and goodies this month! Starting with one from me and my fellow Diva friends…
The Digital Divas Advent Calendar!
It’s Day 4 of the Digital Diva’s Advent Calendar! Me and my diva friends – Melody Wigdahl, Jan Small, Stephanie Hansen, and Helen Ross – have put together an extra special Advent Calendar for you.
Christmas Advent Calendar from Sue, Di & Friends
Sue and Di are back with their annual advent calendar. Save 50% on today’s deal with coupon code ADVENT21
Coach Glue’s 12 Days of Deals – Day 4
Day 4 of Coach Glue’s Daily Deals
Today you can pick up the How To Discover Your Purpose so You Can Love Your Business and Your Life package for only $17 with promo code 2021. This step-by-step workbook covers:
- Your Personal Passion Project: How to Dream without Limits
- Exercise: If I could spend my time any way I liked
- Keeping a Journal: It’s Not a Diary. Doing this specific method of journaling helps you to discover your true passion over time
- Exercise: My Daily Questions: Brainstorming Activity
- Creating a Journaling Space that Inspires Creativity and Frees your Mind to Dream
- Exercise: What’s in your ideal Journaling Space?
- What Others Think: Your Passions May be Obvious to Everyone Else but You so Ask
- Exercise: Discover Your Superpower, Discover your Passion
- Looking Back. Discover your Passion from the Future
- Exercise: Your Autobiography
- Get Out of Your Office: Your Passion is out there waiting to be discovered
- Exercise: Plan New Experiences
- Chase Shiny Objects: The Possibilities Truly are Endless
- Exercise: List of Future Projects to do Someday
- Evaluation: Time to Put it all Together so you can Love your Business and your Life
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a bonus. Email your receipt to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with BONUS CLAIM in the instructions and I’ll send you the info.
Want all the deals at once? Grab the bundle here and then email me your receipt to claim 4 bonus choices.
Free Planner for You: Blooms and Butterflies Planner
Christina at CJD Laptop Lifestyle has a free planner for you today. The Blooms and Butterflies Planner comes with:
- 84 Pages in ALL
- 42 pages Blooms & Butterflies Planner
- Comes with limited commercial license
- 8.5”X11” Editable PowerPoint source file
- 8.5”X11” PDF & JPEG (social media) Pastel Planner
- 42 Pages Black and White format ready for your creative touch
Use coupon code HAPPYHOLIDAYS to claim your 100% discount through December 31.
New Video PLR: PLR Playbook 2.0
Charles Harper has released his PLR Playbook 2.0 video series with PLR. It includes 20 over-the-shoulder videos that cover all of the tech issues that might be stopping you. The 20 videos include:
- 0001 – Using Your PLR Sales Page Or Another Page Builder
- 0002 – Using A Page Building System
- 0003 – Turning Your Sales Page Into A Sales Video
- 0004 – Hosting Your Sales Video
- 0005 – Adding Your Sales Video To Your Sales Page
- 0006 – Uploading Your Sales Video To Etsy
- 0007 – Adding a Shopping Cart Buy Button To Your Sales Page
- 0008 – Adding an Affiliate Network Buy Button To Your Sales Page
- 0009 – Hosting Your Product for Your Customer to Download
- 0010 – Delivering Your Product To Your Customer In Etsy
- 0011 – Preparing Your Download/Thank You Page
- 0012 – Autoresponder Overview
- 0013 – Connecting Your Autoresponder to the Sales System
- 0014 – Transaction E-Mails
- 0015 – Monetizing E-Mails
- 0016 – Monetizing Text Based PLR
- 0017 – Monetizing Audio PLR
- 0018 – Monetizing Video PLR
- 0019 – Repurposing PLR Videos Into Slides
- 0020 – Turning Your Product From Physical To Digital
Check it out here and grab your copy before the price goes up. (It’s on a dimesale, and I grabbed my copy for just a little over $7)
New PLR: Human Needs
JR Lang has a new giant PLR pack out this weekend on Human Needs. This package includes:
eBook: Cultivating The Whole Person – Human Needs: The Complete Guide (29 Pages/8,195 Words)
Report: Healthy Self-Esteem: A Key Human Need From Which All Else Flourishes (10 Pages/4,316 Words)
7 Day Email Series: Are You Ignoring Your Needs? – 1,540 Words
Workbook: Identifying Your Needs (134 Pages/4,810 Words)
26 New Articles
Plus checklists, infographics, and videos.
Check it out here. It’s on a dimesale so the price is rising with every few sales.
Ongoing Deals You Might Like
New Coloring Pages: Coloring Pages for Personal Growth with Training Guide
Alice and Yusef have a new package of coloring pages out this weekend. Coloring Pages for Personal Growth includes:
- 16 personal growth coloring pages with quotes in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 24 inspirational coloring pages with affirmations in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 10 Editable Journal Pages with writing prompts to add to your coloring books in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 2 Professionally-Designed Ecover Sets: .JPG and .PSD with flat cover and 3 x 3D versions to use to put a coloring book together.
- “How to Start and Grow Your Coloring Book Business” expert guidance with Rayven Monique of Color Monthly
It’s on sale for only $17 through Tuesday, December 7. No coupon needed.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Ekit Hub site after purchase.
New Printables: Email Marketing 101 Workbook
Lynette has a new release this week as well. The Email Marketing 101 Workbook will help your customers learn the basics of email marketing and how to develop best practices for creating successful campaigns.
Use coupon code EM101 through Tuesday, December 7 to save 50%
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Thrive Anywhere site after purchase.
New Printables: HoHoHo Holiday Activity & Coloring Pack
My friend Candace is back after almost a year away from her business! She’s put together a Holiday Activity and Coloring pack with 80 activity pages (40 color and 40 black & white) and 30 coloring pages with PLR for you. It’s on sale for only $22 through Tuesday, December 7.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Warrior Plus site after purchase.
New Printables: Self-Care Planner
Miranda at Printable Island has released a new Self-Care Planner Package. It includes 4 versions of a 24-page self-care planner, along with 4 full color front and back covers. It’s on sale for $17.95 through December 8 – no coupon required.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on Miranda’s site after purchase.
New Coloring Pages: Fitness Coloring Planner Designs
Rayven has a new release this week. The Fitness Coloring Planner Designs pack comes with 25 pages for $27 when you use coupon code FITNESS.
Bonus Offer: Purchase this offer and claim 1 bonus choices. Details on how to claim will be in Rayven’s member area after purchase.
New! 3 Free Coloring Pages from Ekit Hub
New! Free PLR Sampler with papers, journal pages, and coloring images from Shannon at Creative Printable Designs
Free 2022 Calendar from Ekit Hub
Free 2022 Pastel Calendar from Christina at CJD Laptop Lifestyle
Pastel Glow Digital Planner (and other freebies) from The Happy Journals Club
Free 5 Pack of Dealing with Negative Thoughts Articles from Publish for Prosperity
Free Taste Test pack of recipes and photos from Kitchen Bloggers. You get 3 recipes with 22 original food photos.
Christmas Printables Mini Kit from Ekit Hub
7 Days to Establish a Better Bedtime Routine from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails
Free Adorable Elephant Template & Cover from Shawn Hansen (Tip: Check out the Subscriber Special Offer after you log in!)
17 Free New Client Getting Forms from Coach Glue
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Muddy Lilac Seamless Pattern Template (Affinity Designer) from Lynette
- Free Craft Bundle from The Hungry Jpeg
- New! Merry Jolly Font from Creative Fabrica
- New! Christmas Farmhouse Decor Clipart from Creative Fabrica
- Design Cuts Freebie – Free: Procreate Brushes & Worksheets Sample
- New! Design Cuts Freebie – Gloriya Script
- Design Bundles Freebie – Scandinavian Christmas set
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor Flowers and Birds Set
- Design Bundles Free Design of the Week
- Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Lovebird
- Font Bundles Freebie – Candy Christmas Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Palamino Beach Brush Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Cat Life Graphics
And that’s it for me this afternoon. I’m going to get a little more work done before I venture out to the grocery store. I may just leave all the errands until tomorrow and have a mostly unplugged day. I’m feeling like it’s going to be a “wait and see” kind of afternoon here.
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. Meet the Content Creators! 8 Low Content Products for $10
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
P.P.P.S. – Looking for the current list of bonus offers? Find it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|