So, our snow is all gone and it’s raining here this morning. I didn’t want to turn my Happy Light off this morning because it’s so dreary-looking outside! As it was, I left it on for about 3 hours, which really is a little bit much.
Anyways, I’ve been trying to get organized here so that I can have a good working weekend again while Shaun’s away. Although I’m thinking I might take myself to the movies on the weekend. I haven’t been to a theater in years, but I’d really like to see House of Gucci without having to wait for Netflix.
Okay, back to business here…
I don’t know about you but I’ve always got at least 10 things on the go at one time. And all that juggling takes its toll on the brain, and to a certain extent on the body too. So, in today’s read I have a few reasons why multitasking is actually bad for your business.
Today’s Read: Four Ways Multi-Tasking Hurts Your Business
It used to be that we all thought multi-tasking was a great thing because it was making us all so much more productive. The truth, however, is a different story. Your brain cannot multitask the way you think, and so it actually uses more time and resources when you try to do it. This is because your mind needs time to switch in-between tasks and to refocus and concentrate.
Here are four ways multi-tasking actually hurts your business:
1. Multitasking promotes more mistakes and poor choices
When you multitask, you are not providing your brain the time it needs to filter out irrelevant information. Which, in turn, creates lower-quality work, more mistakes, and possible injuries that directly harm your productivity and reputation.
2. Multitasking promotes anxiety and poor health
Studies have shown that the more you multitask, the more harm you cause to your brain and memory loss. One of the most common reasons for multitasking is a lack of efficiently setting time limits, causing you to speed and increasing anxiety to get everything done. Often the process of going back and forth can be overwhelming as you try to relearn information too.
3. Multitasking inhibits creativity
This is the worst for creative entrepreneurs. Multitasking damages your ability to fully concentrate and focus, blocking your ability to be creative. Innovation and creativity are vital to a successful business, especially ones like ours because if we can’t create unique products we don’t really have a business.
4. Multitasking makes it hard to enjoy the process
I don’t know about you, but the whole reason I have a creative business is to be able to do the things I love and get paid for them. Sure, there will always be tasks or tedious things that are not enjoyable all the time, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something to change it and make it more enjoyable for you. But, the more things you try and cram into a day through multitasking, the less you are going to enjoy the process of actually creating.
The best way to overcome the damage that multitasking can cause is to break down your work into similar categories and only work on one task at a time. As you continue to do this, you will see just how much more smoothly your work flows and how much more free time you really have at the end of the day.
And now, here are today’s deals…
Events on Now!
It’s time for all kinds of gifts and goodies this month! Starting with one from me and my fellow Diva friends…
The Digital Divas Advent Calendar!
Me and my diva friends – Melody Wigdahl, Jan Small, Stephanie Hansen, and Helen Ross – have put together an extra special Advent Calendar for you.
Each day in December through the 24th, a new deal will be revealed that’s offered by one of us. It might be a freebie, or it might be a discount.
Then on the 25th, there will be an extra special deal from all of us!
Once a deal is revealed, it will only be available for that day, so be sure to get them each day while you can. Generally the new deal will be revealed — and the previous day’s deal retired — by around 10am US Eastern each morning.
Christmas Advent Calendar from Sue, Di & Friends
Sue and Di are back with their annual advent calendar. Today’s deal is 50% off Di’s popular Woo Me Please Woo Commerce Training.
For today only you can save 50% with coupon code ADVENT21 – check it out here
Best Year Yet Giveaway
The Best Year Yet Giveaway includes over 40 gifts from such well-known people as Stu McLaren, Molly Mahoney, Lisa Sasevich, Milana Leshinsky, Marisa Murgatroyd. Mel and I combined on a gift for you here too!
Coach Glue’s 12 Days of Deals
Today’s deal from Melissa and Nicole is their The Only 3 Systems You Really Need for a 6-Figure Business workbook and checklist package. You can pick it up today for only $17 with promo code 2021. It covers:
- Discovery Systems
- Your Blog
- Social Media Accounts
- Free Webinars
- Public Speaking
- Publish a Book
- Relationship Systems
- Email Marketing
- In-Person Networking
- Free Consultations
- Sales Systems
- Your Sales Funnels
- Special Offers
- Shopping Carts and Product Delivery
- Customer Support
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a bonus. Email your receipt to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with BONUS CLAIM in the instructions and I’ll send you the info.
Deals Ending Today
Midweek Madness #1 Ends Today
Lori Winslow is doing her Midweek Madness sales through the month of December, and they start today! From today through Thursday, you can pick up her 10 from 1 Garden Planner for 50% off when you use coupon code MIDWEEK21
Bonus Offer: Purchase this offer and claim 1 bonus choices. Details on how to claim will be in Lori’s member area after purchase.
New Deals Today
New Coloring Pages: Coloring Pages for Personal Growth with Training Guide
Alice and Yusef have a new package of coloring pages out this weekend. Coloring Pages for Personal Growth includes:
- 16 personal growth coloring pages with quotes in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 24 inspirational coloring pages with affirmations in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 10 Editable Journal Pages with writing prompts to add to your coloring books in .JPG and .PSD format (2500 x 3300 pixels / 300 dpi)
- 2 Professionally-Designed Ecover Sets: .JPG and .PSD with flat cover and 3 x 3D versions to use to put a coloring book together.
- “How to Start and Grow Your Coloring Book Business” expert guidance with Rayven Monique of Color Monthly
It’s on sale for only $17 through Tuesday, December 7. No coupon needed.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Ekit Hub site after purchase.
New Printables: Email Marketing 101 Workbook
Lynette has a new release this week as well. The Email Marketing 101 Workbook will help your customers learn the basics of email marketing and how to develop best practices for creating successful campaigns.
Use coupon code EM101 through Tuesday, December 7 to save 50%
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Thrive Anywhere site after purchase.
New Printables: HoHoHo Holiday Activity & Coloring Pack
My friend Candace is back after almost a year away from her business! She’s put together a Holiday Activity and Coloring pack with 80 activity pages (40 color and 40 black & white) and 30 coloring pages with PLR for you. It’s on sale for only $22 through Tuesday, December 7.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find claim details on the Warrior Plus site after purchase.
New Printables: Cute Dogs Journal Kit
Today’s the day for new content at Jenn’s Journal Monthly Club, and this month’s topic is Dogs! Monthly members get:
- TOPICS – A different evergreen topic each month like Reflections, Self Care, Travel, Empowerment + more. These can be used year-round, and are not seasonal, so it won’t matter what time of year you join the club!
- DAILY PROMPTS – at least 31 per month related to that month’s specific topic.
- JOURNAL PAGES – At least 5 journal design pages per month.
- CALENDAR – At least 5 different themed calendar pages.
- COVERS – 2 suitable for printing (Etsy, personal sites), 2 suitable for Amazon KDP (in the larger size).
- SIZES – interior file sizes: 8.5 x 11 & 6×9 inches.
- SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS – at least 5 social media post templates that match each month’s journal in 1200 x 1200px good for Instagram & Facebook.
- FILE TYPES – PDF (printable) in grayscale + color. PowerPoint (editable) – color.
New Printables: Winter Forest Planner Templates
There’s also new content this week in Jenn’s Planner Monthly Club. This month’s theme is Winter Forest and you get 7 mix n match page templates to create your own unique version of this planner for only $7.50.
Ongoing Deals You Might Like
New Printables: Self-Care Planner
Miranda at Printable Island has released a new Self-Care Planner Package. It includes 4 versions of a 24-page self-care planner, along with 4 full color front and back covers. It’s on sale for $17.95 through December 8 – no coupon required.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on Miranda’s site after purchase.
New Coloring Pages: Fitness Coloring Planner Designs
Rayven has a new release this week. The Fitness Coloring Planner Designs pack comes with 25 pages for $27 when you use coupon code FITNESS.
Bonus Offer: Purchase this offer and claim 1 bonus choices. Details on how to claim will be in Rayven’s member area after purchase.
Updated Printables: 2022 Work from Home Planner
Sue has updated her Work from Home planner for 2022. Save 20% with coupon code 2022HOMEPLANNER through December 7. (Note: if you already purchased the 2021 version, you will find the updated version in your account.)
Bonus Offer: Purchase this offer and claim 1 bonus choices. Details on how to claim will be in Sue’s member area after purchase.
New Printables – Online Shopping Trackers
Sue also has a new set of Online Shopping Trackers in her shop this week. You get 8 different trackers in 3 sizes for only $7.
New PLR: Enjoy the Journey
Justin and the team at Tools for Motivation have a new special this week on their Enjoy the Journey PLR. This is a full “biz in a box” style package that includes:
- Premium Content – ebook, enhanced ebook, workbook, audiobook, and ecovers
- Lead Generation Content – lead gen report, autoresponder series, and trainers slide deck
- Branding Content – 10 articles, 2 mini reports, 10 slide decks, 1 checklist
- Social Content – tip posters, infographic, pinterest and Instagram images, tweets and FB posts
- A Marketing Suite – with sales letter, product thumbnails and a hand-curated photo collection
Bonus Offer: These products qualify for a “choose your own” bonus. Email your receipt to me at email@example.com to receive the bonus claim instructions.
New Training: Let’s Get Digital! Design for Kids
Shawn Hansen is launching her latest training course this week. Let’s Get Digital – Design for Kids will show you how to create kids’ activity pages in PowerPoint for both print and digital activity books. It’s on launch pricing until Friday December 3.
The training includes:
- More Than 20, Detailed, Over-the-Shoulder Video Trainings with More Than 12 Hours of Design How-To Instruction
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Create 15 DIFFERENT Kids’ Activities
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Create a Digital Kids’ Activity Book Template
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Add Designs to Your Digital Kids’ Activity Book Template
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Hyperlink, Test, and Export Your Finished Digital Kids’ Activity Book
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Create a Printable Kids’ Activity Book Template
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How to Add Designs to Your Printable Kids’ Activity Book Template
- Start-to-Finish Instruction for How Export Your Finished Printable Kids’ Activity Book
- My BEST TIPS, TRICKS, and ADVICE for Creating Amazing Kids’ Activities in PowerPoint!
- The SECRET METHOD for Mac Users to Create AND Test Hyperlinks Right in PowerPoint
- A Fast, New Way to Create Custom Colors in PowerPoint
Bonus Offer: Purchase this offer and claim 2 bonus choices. Details on how to claim will be in Shawn’s member area after purchase.
New! 3 Free Coloring Pages from Ekit Hub
New! Free PLR Sampler with papers, journal pages, and coloring images from Shannon at Creative Printable Designs
Free 2022 Calendar from Ekit Hub
Free 2022 Pastel Calendar from Christina at CJD Laptop Lifestyle
Pastel Glow Digital Planner (and other freebies) from The Happy Journals Club
Free 5 Pack of Dealing with Negative Thoughts Articles from Publish for Prosperity
Free Taste Test pack of recipes and photos from Kitchen Bloggers. You get 3 recipes with 22 original food photos.
Christmas Printables Mini Kit from Ekit Hub
7 Days to Establish a Better Bedtime Routine from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails
Free Adorable Elephant Template & Cover from Shawn Hansen (Tip: Check out the Subscriber Special Offer after you log in!)
17 Free New Client Getting Forms from Coach Glue
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Muddy Lilac Seamless Pattern Template (Affinity Designer) from Lynette
- Free Craft Bundle from The Hungry Jpeg
- New! Merry Jolly Font from Creative Fabrica
- Design Cuts Freebie – Free: Procreate Brushes & Worksheets Sample
- Design Bundles Freebie – Scandinavian Christmas set
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor Flowers and Birds Set
- Design Bundles Free Design of the Week
- Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Lovebird
- Font Bundles Freebie – Candy Christmas Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Cat Life Graphics
And that’s it for me this afternoon.
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. Meet the Content Creators! 8 Low Content Products for $10
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
P.P.P.S. – Looking for the current list of bonus offers? Find it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|