It’s a grey and rainy day here in Central Ontario this morning, and supposed to be staying this way all through the weekend. I badgered Shaun into gassing up the truck for me before he left so that I could go to the beach again, and now it’s too wet and miserable to go!
I could say that it’s okay because I’ll get a lot of work done this weekend, but I’m just as likely to curl up with a book and a cup of tea as I am to sit here all day and put more calendars and coloring pages together.
I do have a fair bit to accomplish this weekend, though, so it won’t all be rest and relaxation or productive procrastination. I’ve kind of made a decision that weekends should be for doing a lot of creative work so that I can spend the majority of the “work week” doing more marketing tasks. I spend so much of my time doing all the creative stuff that the marketing, the website updates, and the networking stuff all fall by the wayside, and it should be the opposite way around. It’s been said that 80% of your time should be spent on marketing tasks, and only 20% on product creation.
Today’s Read: Are You Doing Enough Marketing?
It’s been said that we should be spending 80 percent of our time on marketing, and only 20% on actual product and content creation. But, if you’re anything like me, the exact opposite is true. My marketing time is all taken up by writing newsletters, and my Facebook group and other social media avenues have been completely neglected over the past year or two. And while I’m great at talking up other people’s products, I’m not so good at getting the word out about my own products!
That might apply to you too, so here are some things to consider when it comes to asking yourself if you’re doing enough marketing for your business…
Do you have a product to sell?
If you’ve finished your website, have a lead magnet, and you’ve finished setting up your email list, and you have a few products to sell, it’s time to transition into spending more time marketing and less time creating and making sales. Remember, once you are making money, you can outsource for more help with the work you need to do.
Always be marketing…
Most experts say that you need to spend about 80 percent of your time on marketing. I like to say that you should simply, always be marketing. One could argue that the moment you have anything to show anyone, you should start marketing.
And don’t be afraid to talk up your products offline and in other venues as well. I had a really interesting conversation with the owner and cook at the diner downstairs the other day, explaining my coloring books and what exactly I do and create and sell.
Are you building a real business?
If all you’re doing is creating products and not marketing them, you have a hobby not a business. The bottom line is that spending more time marketing means more sales. More sales mean more money. More money means you can hire people and when you hire people, you immediately boost your business from being one accident away from being over to being something you can sell to others or pass on to your kids. You’re building a legacy.
Are you doing the right kind of marketing?
In order to know whether you’re doing the right kind of marketing, you need to know what the SMART acronym stands for – specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely. It makes me cringe a bit every time I write this, but the formula really does work much better than just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. You won’t know if your results are worthy of your time unless you can measure, test, and tweak over time to perfect your marketing and get more out of it. Putting it all down in writing helps too.
Write down your marketing goals
Another thing that’s often said, and I believe in wholeheartedly is that goals are only wishes unless you write them down.
To make sure you’re on the right track for your marketing efforts, use SMART acronym, write down your marketing goals, and then write down one or more ways to achieve it. For example, if you set the objective to get 10 new customers in two weeks for your new product, you want to describe how you’re going to do it so that you can easily extract the tasks and put them in your calendar or on your to-do list.
Whether you determine that you need marketing content, or you realize you need to run a Facebook ad, the important thing is that you do something each day to market your business or products directly. Making more offers makes more money. When you organize everything so that you can know what tasks to do each day and where you can automate something, you’ll soon start seeing the results you want as long as you’re making more offers to get more sales.
So, to answer the question this post asks… I am definitely NOT doing enough marketing, and that’s something that has to change. What about you?
And now, here are today’s deals…
Latest Bonus Products Added:
Current Offers with Bonuses…
- A Cup of Zen – Annual Spirit Animals DFY Content Subscription
- PLR of the Month Club – Toolkit #16 Digital Planner
- Lori Winslow – 92 Days of Listings
- Piggy Makes Bank – Live Streaming for Business
- Simple Happiness Biz – Fun Quirky Calendar
- Color Monthly – Vintage Santa Coloring Pages
- Cindy Bidar – Daily Deals (Oct 12 -23)
- Book Publisher Tools – Sudoku Puzzle Maker Sale
- Publish for Prosperity – Getting Outside Your Ccomfort Zone
- Planning Addicts – Fermentation Planner
- Abundance Print PLR – Fast Learner Blueprint
- Piggy Makes Bank – Looking Within for Healthy Personal Growth
- PLR Planners – Photoshop/Affinity Strip Maker
- PLR Planners – Digital Gratitude Planner
- Lori Winslow – 12 Months of Templates (2 bonus choices)
- PLR Beach – Happy Thanksgiving Bundle
Deals Ending Today
Cindy’s Deal of the Day…
Tripwires are one of my favorite ways to make sales, and I learned almost everything I know about it from Cindy’s Tripwire Toolkit. It’s on sale today for 50% off with coupon code OCTOBER21. The toolkit includes:
- The Tripwire User Flow Cheat Sheet: If you’re feeling confused and overwhelmed about how all the pieces of a tripwire fit together, you are not alone. The User Flow Cheat Sheet will clarify the set up and help you map out your own irresistible offers.
- The Tools to Use Comparison Guide: Not sure which tools you really need, and which ones you can live without? This comparison guide will clarify all the options and help you choose the right ones for you and your business—plus you’ll avoid spending money on fancy software solutions you don’t need.
- The Tripwire Ideas Checklist: Feeling less-than-creative? Browse through this list of 12 easy tripwires you can create in just a couple of hours (and there are at least 3 you probably already have on hand!)
- The Tripwire Offer Worksheet: Spend a few minutes with this worksheet and get crystal clear on how you can easily incorporate tripwires into your marketing plan.
- The Tripwire Pricing Worksheet: There’s more to pricing your tripwire than just choosing the lowest number. This worksheet walks you through all the options, and will help ensure you don’t accidentally drive customers away, or worse—create false expectations.
- The Splinter Offer Worksheet: Use this step-by-step plan to turn your paid product into free content that drives traffic, an opt-in offer to grow your list, and an irresistible tripwire that turns freebie seekers into buyers who are primed to purchase your higher-priced courses and workshops.
- The Trial Offer Checklist: Member site owners and software sellers, trial offers make the perfect tripwire. This checklist covers all the must-do steps to create a trial offer your audience will love.
- The Self-Liquidating Ads Checklist: If paid ads have a place in your marketing plan, then this checklist is a must have. It will help you create a tripwire that pays for your ad spend day after day and month after month.
- The Self-Liquidating Ads Calculator: Use this handy spreadsheet to monitor your ads versus income and to ensure you’re always in the black.
- The Urgency Creation Checklist: There’s no denying it—urgency sells. Use this checklist to determine how and where you can use urgency in your tripwires to encourage action.
- The Countdown Timer Checklist: Create a real sense of urgency with a well-placed countdown timer. This checklist makes it easy by ensuring you never miss any of the critical pieces.
- The Tripwire Set Up Checklist: Missing a step in the set up can lead to lost sales or worse! Follow this checklist to ensure smooth user flow, fewer customer service tickets, and plenty of profits, too.
- The After the Tripwire Follow Up Plan: What happens after a customer buys your irresistible offer is even more important than the offer itself. Use this planner to craft a follow up sequence that encourages your new customer to invest in your core offer.
- The Funnel Follow-up Checklist: Not everyone will take you up on your tripwire offer, no matter how irresistible it is. The Funnel Follow-Up Checklist shows you how to re-capture lost sales, thanks to in-funnel offers that convert.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a Choose Your Own bonus. Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org for bonus claim instructions.
New Releases Today
Free PLR: Expand Your Network PLR
Justin and the team at Tools for Motivation have a free PLR offer for you this weekend. The Expand Your Network Free PLR Bundle is available through Tuesday, October 19 and includes:
- Article and Addon Content about Networking Skills
- Article And Add-On Content About Communication Skills
- Article And Add-On Content About Talking To Strangers
- Article And Add-On Content About Talking To Anyone
- Article And Add-On Content About Surviving Small Talk
The add-on content for each article includes an audio version, 3 social posters, and a blog post header graphic.
Surprise Sale: Save 70% on PLR Products and Canva Templates
Faith is having a 70% off sale at her For Mommies by Mommy site this weekend to celebrate her son’s birthday. Use coupon code JONAH to claim your savings on all PLR products and Canva templates through Sunday, October 17. (Coupon does not apply to courses, mentorship or membership programs)
Weekend Sale: Write It! Boost Productivity and Transform Your Life Through Journaling
Nicole is having a weekend sale on her Write It! Boost Productivity and Transform Your Life Through Journaling package over at the Content Drafts site. Use coupon code journaling to save 50% through Sunday, October 17.
New PLR: Winter Fun Activities
Jenn and I just released our newest PLR pack over at UsePLR.com. The Winter Fun Activities Blog Posts pack includes:
- 5 articles
- 10 related keywords
- 33 photos
- links to more creative commons license photos
Ongoing Deals You Might Like…
Three New Products from Di
Di has been dealing with another week of load shedding (no power) but she’s still got new products for you today…
New Product #1 – KDP Quickies Lined Journal
These “KDP Quickies” are in PDF format. The title page and copyright page are editable. All you do is edit those two pages, save the document again and you are ready to publish. They’re designed for people who are just getting started in KDP publishing, and this one is available for only $7.95.
The covers can be edited with any software like PowerPoint, Photoshop, Affinity, Photopea, Canva etc. They are already created at the correct size for KDP.
New Product #2 – Photoshop/Affinity Strip Templates
I’ll be picking this one up myself because I was just wondering the other day how Di makes these! This series of layered templates in PSD format can be used to make any of the following:
- Page borders
- Book cover enhancements
- Scrapbook embellishments
- Junk journal embellishments
- Book marks
- And more …
Use coupon code STRIPM20 to save 20% through October 18
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a Choose Your Own bonus. You’ll find instructions to claim on Di’s site after purchase.
New Product #3 – Digital Gratitude Planner
Di has also released a new Digital Gratitude Planner. It’s part of the Digital Planner Bonanza Monthly Membership (so if you’re in that, don’t buy this), but non-members can purchase as a standalone product and save 20% with coupon code DGRAT20 through Monday, October 18.
I’ll be grabbing this one for myself too. I feel a weekend shopping spree coming on here!
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a Choose Your Own bonus. You’ll find instructions to claim on Di’s site after purchase.
New Marketing Tools: 12 Months of Templates
Lori has gathered up all of the templates she had created for her now-closed Pinterest Pizzaz membership, and you can buy the whole bundle of 120 templates for only $67 with coupon code 12MONTHS through Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
- 10 Templates for Every Month
- PowerPoint & JPG
- Full PLR Rights
- Bonus – 15 Halloween templates & 3 Holiday Sales Templates
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for 2 Choose Your Own bonuses. You’ll find instructions to claim on Lori’s site after purchase.
New PLR: Looking Within for Healthy Personal Growth
Tracy and Susanne have just released a new self help package this week. Looking Within for Healthy Personal Growth includes 30 Articles, 30 Emails, eBook Compilation, 30 Social Media Posts, their handy “How to Run an Email Challenge” Guide, and an eBook/Workbook combo. Use coupon code WITHIN to save $40.
Article titles include:
- Is it Me? Asking Yourself a Very Important Question
- Self-Reflection- 2 Ways Looking Back is Just as Important as Looking Forward
- Sometimes it’s You, Sometimes it isn’t- Here’s how to Discover the Difference
- Self-Reflection is a Sign of Maturity
- Warning Signs that You Could Use Some Introspection
- Healthy Benefits of Self-Reflection
- Asking WHY? The Key to Healthy Self-Reflection
- Self-Reflection Breaks Bad Habits and Starts Good Ones
- Self-Reflection and Your Health- The Mind-Body Connection
- Self-Reflection is the Foundation for Healthy Relationships
This is a great topic to build planners and journals around, and I am looking forward to digging into it to create new products for my blog.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find instructions to claim on the Piggy Makes Bank site after purchase.
New PLR: Spiritual Articles
Jennifer at Health and Wellness PLR has released a new set of 15 Spiritual Articles this week. You can pick them up for only $7 through this weekend. Topics include:
- Tips for Starting Your Spiritual Journey (506 words)
- How to Protect Yourself From Negative Energies (515 words)
- Crystals to Put Under Your Pillow (450 words)
- Creating a Spiritual Morning Routine (552 words)
- How to Develop Your Intuition (666 words)
- How to Connect With Your Spirit Guides (617 words)
- Self-Care Activities for Empaths (566 words)
- 7 Tips for Spiritual Growth (664 words)
- Signs That Your Manifestations Are Coming True (510 words)
- Angel Numbers and Their Significance (623 words)
- Connecting with Nature on Your Spiritual Journey (565 words)
- How to Make Moon Water (556 words)
- 3 Types of Smudge Sticks for Cleansing (495 words)
- Signs You Are Having a Spiritual Awakening (682 words)
- How to Use Dream Work as a Spiritual Practice (684 words)
New PLR: Power of Influence
Jonathan has a new set of PLR articles on the Power of Influence available this week. You can pick them up for under $10 on a dime sale from now through Monday, October 18. Titles include:
- 5 traits of an impactful person (811 words)
- 5 Useful strategies to increase your influence (825 words)
- 5 Ways to Influence your team positively (846 words)
- Be conscious of the influences that shape your life (831 words)
- Become a better influencer (869 words)
- Develop an impactful personality (816 words)
- Examine the Influence in Your Life (897 words)
- Leading with influence: Find a way to serve (984 words)
- Never Underestimate your Power to Affect (845 words)
- Positive influence can have an incredible influence on your life (992 words)
- Renew your impact (956 words)
- The footprints of your behavior: Live an impactful life (923 words)
- The importance of influence (986 words)
- Tip the scales in your favour surround yourself with quality people (859 words)
- You can have an impact on people (832 words)
New PLR: Getting Outside Your Comfort Zone
Alice has a new release over at Publish for Prosperity this week. The Get Out of Your Comfort Zone and Achieve Greatness Ecourse package is on sale through Tuesday, October 19 for only $14.95.
This is a 4-module DFY Ecourse that covers:
1. Why Leaving Your Comfort Zone is Important
2. Understanding Your Comfort Zone
3. Challenging Your Comfort Zone
4. Rewriting Your Life
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for bonuses. Choose 1 bonus for each piece of the funnel you purchase. Bonus claim instructions will be available on Alice’s site (under Bonus Links) after purchase.
New Printables: Fermentation Planner
Jenn has a new Fermentation Planner available this week. It includes 23 unique pages for making all your favorite fermented foods and drinks. Save $10 through Wednesday, October 20 when you use coupon code SAUERKRAUT.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a Choose Your Own bonus. You’ll find instructions to claim on your download page in Jenn’s shopping cart.
New! 10 Free Comfort Zone Graphics from Publish for Prosperity
New! Free Mandala Journal Coloring Pages from Shannon at Creative Printable Designs. Use coupon code JOURNAL21 through October 24 to claim.
New! Free Adorable Elephant Template & Cover from Shawn Hansen (Tip: Check out the Subscriber Special Offer after you log in!)
Free Infoproduct Templates from Ekit Hub
17 Free New Client Getting Forms from Coach Glue
Doggone Holidays Free Poster, Stickers, and Gift Tags from Jay at Coloring Galaxy
2022 12-month Calendar with PLR from Bethany
Free Mini Kids’ Mental Health Ekit from Ekit Hub
Free Floral 2022 Calendar from Faith
5 Free Journaling Articles from Publish for Prosperity
Free Confidence Printables from Ekit Hub
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
10 Free Confidence Graphics from Alice at Publish for Prosperity
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Free 5-Pack of “Dealing with a Crisis or Difficult Situation” Articles
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
Muddy Lilac Seamless Pattern Template (Affinity Designer) from Lynette
- Inky Deals – 25 Free Sunflower SVG Collection
- Inky Deals – 5 Free Peach and Cream Paper Textures
- New! This Mate Font Duo from Creative Fabrica
- Mandala Hand Drawn Collection from Creative Fabrica
- New! Creative Fabrica Freebie – Watercolor Christmas Bakery Clipart
- New! Ryuji Textures from Design Cuts
- Design Cuts Freebie – Free: Procreate Brushes & Worksheets Sample
- Design Bundles Freebie – Christmas Scrapbooking Kit with Papers and Element Clusters
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor forest friends
- Design Bundles Free Design of the Week
- Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Ink Line | Modern Script
- Font Bundles Freebie – Monster Cookies
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Funny Turkeys Clipart
That’s all I have for you this morning. I’m off to make some breakfast – I’m thinking a nice breakfast casserole since it’s cool enough to have the oven on, and then meet with Jenn about UsePLR.com and get some other work done. Unfortunately I’m not really seeing a tea and book break in my afternoon any time soon.
Have a great weekend! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our Digital Planner Deal on Warrior Plus! You get 2 digital planners for $17 on the front end, and a whole bunch of customization goodies and training in the additional offers.
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
P.P.P.S. – Looking for the current list of bonus offers? Find it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|