I’m feeling a little out of sorts this morning. It’s a gorgeous-looking day outside, but I woke up too late this morning to get a walk in, and I’m really feeling the difference after only doing it for a few days. To miss a day just feels wrong to me already! I’ll probably try and squeeze a short one in between calls this afternoon just so that I don’t have to start my daily streak over again.
I have lots of new goodies to share with you this morning, but before that, I wanted to talk a little bit about creativity and ways to be more creative every day. I know we’re coming up to Q4 crunch time, and several people I’ve talked to this week have mentioned having more than one bundle to get ready for. And that can lead to creative blocks – I know this, because it happens to me whenever I start to get overwhelmed with the workload.
So, in today’s read I have 7 suggestions for being more creative every day. I’ve found them helpful over the years, especially when I just want to make like a turtle and crawl into my shell.
Today’s Read: 7 Suggestions for Being More Creative Every Day
Finding your creative spark is a process we all have to go through at least once in our lives. For people who rely on their creative abilities for their livelihood, that spark can sometimes prove to be elusive – especially when there’s a deadline looming. For others who don’t think they even have a creative cell in their body, the thought of actually igniting their creative fire can be downright scary.
The plain truth is that we are all, each and every one of us, creative beings in our own right. Creativity is the mother of innovation, and regardless of how you use yours – as an artist, an inventor, to help others, or just as a means of creating pleasure for yourself – you deserve the awesome feelings that use can inspire. Your creative fire is already smoldering deep inside you, and just a simple spark can be all it takes for that fire to turn into a raging inferno of creative passion.
Here are 7 suggestions you can use when you feel the need to be more creative:
Change the time of day when you practice being creative
I think we all have certain times of the day when we feel more creative. For me, it’s early in the morning and late at night. I usually start getting my best ideas around 10 p.m.
It’s been said that these two times of day are special because we’re not fully alert and so are more open to thinking freely and using our imagination.
If you’re used to being creative during the middle of the day and feel like you need more, try working early in the morning or just before bedtime and see if it makes a difference.
Talk to a child
Most children aren’t constrained by the same rules of thought that adults are. When you ask a question of a child, be prepared for anything. They’ll often have a perspective you never would’ve thought of, and that can be a great boost to your own creativity.
One of the biggest obstacles to creativity is premature judgment. Not all your ideas and creations will be good. Consider all the possibilities before dismissing any of the available options.
Surround yourself with creativity
Take yourself on what Julia Cameron calls an “artist’s date”. Spend time in museums, art galleries, or at the symphony. Read great literary works. Spend time with artists.
Other cool options for artist’s dates are places like fabric stores… the colors and textures in a fabric store blow my mind every time. Outdoor café’s are good too, especially for writers. They’re a great place to people watch and come up with ideas for characters in your novels.
Come up with at least five new ideas each day.
Great ideas are like great songs. You have to come up with a lot of them to discover a few hits. Keep your brain on the task by forcing yourself to be creative each day. You’ll be sure to find a few “hit” ideas each week.
Keep an idea book on hand or write your ideas down in an app on your phone so you don’t lose them. My father was a composer, and he was never without a piece of manuscript paper and a pencil in his pocket. More often than not, we’d be sitting in a coffee shop, and he’d get an idea for a melody and would whip out the paper and pencil and start composing before the thought left his head.
Take your own advice
Ask yourself what advice or ideas you would give a friend if they were in need of more creativity. Then do that for yourself.
Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves to come up with the great idea. If you remove yourself from the equation and brainstorm as if you were giving advice to someone else, you get out of your own way and allow your thoughts to flow more freely.
Go for a walk
I can honestly tell you I get most of my best ideas walking. I love walking along the riverbank and the other trails in the city and just letting my mind wander. Sometimes I take a notebook and pen and sit on a rock somewhere to write down ideas. Other time they come mid-step, and I’ll just record a voice memo on my phone and flesh it out when I get home. Either way it gives you mental and physical exercise both, and that’s a win in my books.
These are all easy steps you can take up increase the level of creativity you use every day. As a creative entrepreneur, you can’t really afford to let yourself get blocked. Try one of these ideas when you feel the need for more creativity, and let me know how it works for you!
And now, here are today’s deals…
Bonus Offers Updates:
Here is a list of the products that qualify for bonuses as of today:
- A Cup of Zen – Annual Spirit Animals DFY Content Subscription
- PLR of the Month Club – Toolkit #16 Digital Planner
- Piggy Makes Bank – Influencer Marketing to Grow Your Business
- Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 1 – Planner Monthly Archives – Claim 3 Bonuses when you purchase
- Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 2 – 2020 Product Bundle – Claim 3 bonuses PLUS 2 x $50 store credit
- Planning Addicts – Birthday Sale Offer 3 – Lifetime Club – Claim 5 bonuses PLUS 5 x $50 in store credit
- Planning Addicts – House & Home Planner
- Coach Glue – Back to Business Bundle – Claim 3 bonuses
- Tools for Motivation – Vitality: Your High Energy Makeover
- Color Monthly – Turkey Day Parade Coloring Pages
- PLR Beach – Spooky Halloween Bundle
- A Cup of Zen – Ghost Investigation & Halloween Planners
- Pixelcrafters – Horror Girls in Costumes Drag ‘n’ Drop
- Piggy Makes Bank – From Procrastination to Progress
- Lexi Rodrigo – S.M.A.R.T. Email Sequences
- New! Ekit Hub – Kids Healthy Mindset and Mental Health
- New! Color Me Positive – Women of Bounty
- New! Planning Addicts – Craft Planner Templates
New Deals Today
New Printables: Kids Healthy Mindset
Alice and Yusef have a new Ekit available this weekend and the topic is Kids Healthy Mindset and Mental Health. This is a hugely important topic right now, especially with the effect that the pandemic has had on kids and their mental health. The kit includes:
- 9 Page Report: “10 Ways to Get More Healthy & Happy” (.doc)
- Professionally-Designed Ecover Set: .JPG and .PSD with flat cover and 3 x 3D versions to go with the report.
- 5 Articles – for your social media, blog and more.
- 10 Product Templates – create t-shirts, mugs, notebooks, stickers, towels, phone cases and more (.png / PSD)
- 10 Coloring Pages – coloring is a hit with children and adults alike. Use these sheets to generate traffic or create downloadable or print coloring books for sale. (.png / PSD 2550 x 3300 px)
- 100-Page Confidence & Self-Esteem Journal – comes with the Ecover Set. There are two 3d versions with .psd for editing.
- 365-Day Planner – comes with the Ecover Set. There are two 3d versions with .psd for editing.
- 36-Card Printable Card Deck – done-for-you and completely customizable
- Bonus #1: The Top Product Dropshippers with tips on creating and selling your own products.
- Bonus #2: Print on Demand Profits Guide: Cut your learning curve with our easy-to-follow 4-step system on profiting from print on demand products.
- Bonus #3: 3 Planner Templates, 3 Journal Templates, Planner Creation Checklist and Journal Creation Checklist
Pick it up here for only $14.95 through Tuesday, September 21.
Want to try before you buy? Grab this free mini kit
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the link to the bonus claim document on the Ekit Hub site after purchase.
New Coloring Pages – Women of Bounty
Maureen has just released a new coloring pack geared toward us curvy girls. The Women of Bounty pack features 30 High-Quality Designs in PNG format. All 30 designs feature original Women of Bounty illustrations that are ready to be colored. Customers will also get 10 Mandala & 10 Pattern Coloring Images to use as backgrounds or as fill to add to their Women of Bounty Illustrations.
There are also 3 additional offers after you purchase:
($27) Upgrade #1 contains 30 background images in JPG format as well as a further 30 images with the designs incorporated into the backgrounds.
($27) Upgrade #2 contains 30 Women of Bounty Color Illustrations as well as 30 Stickers of the Women of Bounty. These images can be used to create story books, on book covers, in planners/journals and POD sites.
($37) Upgrade #3 contains 30 fully colorized versions of the backgrounds as well as a further 30 images with the women incorporated into the backgrounds.
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for bonuses. Choose 1 bonus for each product in the funnel you purchase. Details are in your Warrior Plus area after purchase.
New Reseller Templates: Craft Planner Templates
Jenn has just released her latest reseller templates. This month’s topic is Craft Planner Templates and you can pick up either the personal PLR rights or the Reseller rights to them here. These are limited offers – only 25 reseller licenses are available, and only 50 of the regular PLR licenses, so if you want them, you need to move quick. (I already grabbed my reseller license!)
The pack includes 12 Templates related to Crafting and arts & crafts of all kinds. Some pages may have similar wording but all are arranged differently and you can change out those words, colors, shapes and more!
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim details in your download area on Jenn’s site after purchase.
Coach Glue Back to Business Sale Day 4
Today’s deal from Coach Glue is their Map Out Your Monthly Email Content Calendar Planner for only $20 with promo code 2021.
This planner covers:
- Step 1: Creating an Efficient and Aligned Email Schedule That Fills Your Soul
- Step 2: Identify Your Money-Making Potential With Promotions
- Step 3: Establish Expertise & Credibility with Value-Packed Free Content
- Step 4: Generate Buzz with Tantalizing Content
- Step 5: Create a Juicy Outline that Compels Sales Naturally
- Step 6: The Powerful and Under-Utilized Strategy to Always Cash-In
- Step 7: Ditch the ISH: Make it Easy to Sell Everyday
Bonus Offer: This offer qualifies for a bonus. Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the claim instructions.
If you’d rather grab the bundle of all the deals at once…
I got the scoop on the Back to Business Bundle for you too. Here’s the complete list of what’s included in deal for only $97…
- Goal Setting Bootcamp Course (sells for $297 on our website)
- Dream to Do to Done Course (sells for $297 on our website)
- 30-Day Business Planning Bootcamp Course (can only get this in the bundle…$297 value)
- Map Out Your Monthly Email Content Calendar in a Weekend Planner (sells for $47 on our website)
- Map Out Your Monthly Social Media Content Calendar in a Weekend Planner (sells for $47 on our website)
- Video Script & Workbook: Light Up Your Revenue: How to Avoid the Holiday Sales Slump with a Winning Promotional Calendar (can only get this in the bundle…$97 value)
- 252 Done-for-You Content Starters Filled with Ideas for Social Posts, Videos, Blog Posts, Emails, and More (sells for $47 on our website)
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for 3 bonus products. Send me your receipts to email@example.com and I will send the bonus claim form back to you.
ICYMI… Yesterday’s Deals
New Printables: Ghost Investigation & Halloween Planners
Gabby has a new release just in time for the spooky season. Her Ghost Investigation & Halloween Planners have been bundled together for this launch, and you can save $10 through Sunday, September 19 with coupon code halloweenfun.
The package includes:
- Ghost Investigation Planner with Cover and 11 Interior Pages – Design in Canva, PowerPoint (PPTX) – Sizes include 8.5×11, 8×10, 6×9, A4 in color and grayscale (PPTX only)
- Halloween-Themed Planner with Cover and 92 Interior Pages – Design in Canva, PowerPoint (PPTX) – Sizes include 8.5×11, 8×10, 6×9, A4 in color and grayscale (PPTX only)
- 10 Unique Clip Art Graphics with Sayings in PNG at 300 DPI
- PLR / Commercial Use Rights
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim document link on Gabby’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: Horror Girls in Costumes DragNDrop
Pixelcrafters has a new Halloween release out today that’s only available for a few days. Their Horror Girls in Costumes Drag ‘n’ Drop package includes 30 Done-for-You Horror Girls DESIGNS with 180+ Drag and Drop Components You Can Easily Customize Using JUST PowerPoint (Commercial License Included).
You can mix and match the components to create several unique characters for your Halloween projects with this pack. I’m going to be picking it up for myself this afternoon too, to add a few Halloween-themed products in my Etsy shop.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for bonuses. Choose one bonus product for each item in the funnel you purchase. You’ll find the claim details in your Warrior Plus area after you purchase.
New PLR: From Procrastination to Progress
Tracy and Susanne have released their latest self-help package this week. From Procrastination to Progress includes 30 Articles, 30 Emails, eBook Compilation, 30 Social Media Posts, their handy “How to Run an Email Challenge” Guide, and an eBook/Workbook combo.
Use coupon code PROGRESS to save $40
New Training: S.M.A.R.T. Email Sequences
Lexi Rodrigo has come up with a new training course on creating email sequences that I am going to be signing up for myself. Her S.M.A.R.T. Email Sequences training includes:
- pre-recorded video lessons
- access to the live training on Friday, September 24, 11 am Eastern
- recording of the live training
- handouts, checklists, and worksheets
- lifetime access to the course
- full access to me through the comments and chat in the course site
- all future updates
If you don’t know who Lexi is, she has been writing for the web since 2008. She’s got a pretty impressive resume and wait until you see the testimonials on the site. I actually had the pleasure of meeting her at a conference in Toronto a few years ago, and she is as nice a person as you’d ever want to meet.
Check out the course here and save $10 when you register before September 23.
Bonus Offer: This product qualifies for a bonus. Send me your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send the bonus claim form back to you.
Webinars and Events
Get the Legal Scoop You Need for Your Website
In this afternoon’s Kitchen Sink Mastermind (3:00 p.m. Eastern) Attorney Bob Silber is presenting “Legal Forms You Need on Your Website…To Keep The Government Off Your Back“.
If you’re not already a member, it’s free to join, and you can register here.
Free Webinar: How to Scale Your Blog to 5-Figure Months With Printables
I am super excited about this free webinar being put on by Ultimate Bundles in advance of the Genius Bloggers Toolkit next week. Julie Berninger and Cody Berman are going to share How to Scale Your Blog to 5-Figure Months With Printables and I, for one, can not wait to hear what they have to say.
The topics they’re going to cover include:
- Why printables are so effective for bloggers
- Case studies on what’s actually possible
- Ideas for creating printables in different niches
- How to use printables as lead magnets to grow your list
- How to sell printables for income (on and off your website)
- And so much more!
There are two times to choose from, and it’s best to be there live as no replays are guaranteed. The times are:
3:00 pm ET (12:00 pm PT), September 20
11:00 am ET (8:00 am PT), September 21st
Connected Spirit, Connected Business Giveaway On Now!
Sherry Bowers (no relation) has just opened the doors her latest giveaway specifically geared for spiritual entrepreneurs (coaches, intuitives, holistic practitioners, energy workers, therapists, healers (of all kinds!), alternative practitioners, etc.) and those interested in living their best life. Get my latest Undated Mandala Reflection Planner free as part of the event.
5 Free Journaling Articles from Publish for Prosperity
Free Comfort Zone Poster from Ekit Hub
Free Confidence Printables from Ekit Hub
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
Free At a Glance Calendars from Lori Winslow
10 Free Confidence Graphics from Alice at Publish for Prosperity
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
Muddy Lilac Seamless Pattern Template (Affinity Designer) from Lynette
- New! 10 FREE Fall Clips from Creative Fabrica
- Christmas Dingbats Font from Creative Fabrica
- Creative Fabrica Freebie – Label Creator Font
- New! Design Cuts Freebie – Naomi Blake Font Duo
- Design Bundles Freebie – Christmas Scrapbooking Kit with Papers and Element Clusters
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor forest friends
- Design Bundles Free Design of the Week – Halloween Bat Lollipop Holder Template
- Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- New! Font Bundles Freebie – Ink Line | Modern Script
- New! Font Bundles Freebie – Monster Cookies
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Freestyle Handwritten Script
This Week’s Reads
And that’s it for me this morning. I’m off the find some breakfast, and then dive into my to-do list for the day. It keeps getting longer, and the deadlines are coming closer so I really do need to hunker down and get some things done this afternoon!
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. – $5-$7 Deals For You
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|