It’s another gorgeous summer day here in Central Ontario. I went out and did my errands early this morning so I could beat the heat, and now I’m ready to settle in and get some work done this afternoon.
The good news is, I have my own computer back finally! Shaun finished putting it back together last night, and the only thing missing right now is my good speaker so I can listen to Spotify all day. I’ll get him to hook that up tonight because I know it shouldn’t be hard, but I can’t seem to get it to work.
And on that note, here’s what I have for you this morning…
Today’s Read: 10 Things to Keep in Mind When Creating Customer Surveys
It’s getting to be that time of year again. As business owners, we all want to know what makes our customers tick. Why do they do what they do, and why do they act the way they act. What makes them feel one way versus another. And what type of products do they want you to create. The only way to find out the answers is to ask the questions.
And it’s about this time of year when the planning for next year starts, that everyone is asking their customers to fill out surveys. However, there are some considerations about surveys. First, creating surveys is an art in and of itself. Asking questions the right way is critical because using the wrong words can take your survey in a direction you don’t necessarily want to go.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when creating your own customer survey:
1. Open-Ended Versus Closed Questions – An open-ended question is broad and allows the person answering to type in whatever they want as an answer while the closed questions do not and have a defined answer to choose. You may want to ask one open-ended question in a survey but don’t make them all open-ended, or it’ll take forever go to through it.
2. Reading Between the Lines – When you do ask questions, realize that your customer will likely read between the lines of the question to try to give you the answer you want, or that they want to give. Try to create questions that make this harder to do.
3. Avoid Unnecessary Questions – You don’t really need to ask a lot of questions on a survey to get good results. You don’t need to ask questions that you don’t care about the answer. If the answer doesn’t guide a marketing or customer service tactic, it’s not important. For example, if their age does not matter, don’t ask.
4. Keep the Questions Short and Simple – The shorter and simpler the questions, the better. People are more likely to tick through a shorter and simpler survey than they are to finish answering a very complicated one. If you want results, you’ll need to remember short and simple is the best. Better to do follow up surveys than do surveys that are too long and cover too much information.
5. Ask Direct Questions – Make your questions direct, so they don’t have to read between the lines to figure it out. Remove vague words. Ask, “Do temperatures above 85 make you feel too hot?” not, “Do temperatures above 85 make you feel particularly overly heated?”
6. Ask Only One Question at a Time – Ask one question at a time. If some issues need three or four questions to get through each step, that is okay. Make it happen in several questions but don’t ask more than one question per question.
7. Do Not Ask Leading Questions – You’ve seen leading questions before on polls, especially political ones. A leading question tends to tell the person answering how to answer. “Our products are topnotch award winners and are always accurate. How many of the products that you’ve ordered from me have been perfect?”
8. Use the Right Language and Words – This is when knowing your audience pays off because you need to know the words your audience and your customers use to talk about the issues at hand. When you speak in their language and use their words, they will be more comfortable answering.
9. Consider Using Response Scales – One way to get better answers when yes and no don’t work is to use scales. “From a scale of 1 to 10 of the following, which do you prefer.” Then when you analyze the answers, you’re going to get closer to the truth.
10. Give an Incentive at the End – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people complain that there’s no incentive for filling out surveys. You are asking your customers to take their valuable time to give you information, so make sure you thank them and give them something in return. How hard is it to set up a coupon or a freebie just for the people who are donating their time to make your business better?
When you design your survey, it will help at first to create shorter, more focused surveys designed to get one answer about one thing. As you gain more experience or can afford to hire someone to design a survey correctly, this tactic will help you ensure your surveys get answers that are accurate so that when you make decisions based on that data, it works the way you think it will.
And now, here are today’s deals…
Bonus Offers Updates:
I started updating the Bonus Page last night and then had to shut down for Shaun to finish fixing my computer. So, any outstanding bonuses will be delivered today, and the page and claim form will be updated this afternoon as well.
Here are today’s active offers:
- Niche Starter Packs – Big Business PLR Blowout Sale
- Piggy Makes Bank – Automate Success
- Piggy Makes Bank – Living a Super-Ager Lifestyle
- Last Day! Ekit Hub – Confidence and Self-Esteem Ekit
- Last Day! Thrive Anywhere – Homeschool Startup Workbook
- Last Day! Chad Eljisr – Overcome Limiting Beliefs PLR
- PLR of the Month – Toolkit #13 Digital Planners
- Printable Island – Mix & Match Manifest the Best Workbook and Planner
- Tools for Motivation – Imposter Syndrome
- Saurav – Cute Monsters Coloring Pages
- Daily Faith PLR – Bundle Sale
- New Today! Kate Anderson – Printable Pros
- New Today! Color Monthly – Meditation Coloring Journal
- New Today! Simple Happiness – I Love My Cat Journal
- New Today! PLR Beach – You Got This! Success Planner
- New Today! Niche Starter Packs – Express Gratitude Planner
Last Day for These Deals
Last Day for Flash Sale on Fall Journal Products:
Jennifer at Health & Wellness PLR is having a flash sale on these Fall Journaling Products until end of day Tuesday, August 24. Save 65% on these titles (no coupon required):
New Printables: Confidence and Self-Esteem Ekit
Alice and Yusef have a new Confidence and Self-Esteem Ekit available this weekend. The main kit includes:
- 10 Product Templates
- 10 Coloring Pages
- 100-Page Confidence & Self-Esteem Journal
- 365-Day Planner
- 36-Card Printable Card Deck
- Plus bonuses
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions link in your download area after you purchase.
New Printables: Homeschool Startup Workbook
Lynette has released a new Homeschool Startup Workbook this week. Save 50% with coupon code HOMESCHOOL through Tuesday, August 24.
This package includes:
- Worksheets to help parents discover if homeschooling is the right choice for their child.
- Pages to guide parents in choosing the right curriculum that works for their child.
- Planning and tracking pages to stay on top of the school year and more.
The product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim document in the Bonus Links area on Lynette’s site after you purchase.
New Canva Templates: Lady Boss Lead Magnet Template
Katrina at Blue Wren PLR is launching her first official product this week! She’s been in a couple of my bundles and is on my “Get to Know Us Page” but this is the first time she’s done a full product launch and I’m so happy for her!
The Lady Boss Lead Magnet Template includes 20 single-page A4 templates for all your lead magnet needs. Save $20 through August 24 with coupon code LADYLAUNCH. The templates include:
- 30 Day trackers
- Information sheets
- Outline of services sheets
- ‘5 ways we can….’ sheets
- and more….
New PLR: Overcome Limiting Beliefs
Chad has a new PLR release on Overcoming Limiting Beliefs this week. This package includes:
- In-depth 10,000+ words eBook
- Overcome Limiting Beliefs Challenge <<< Very popular!
- A High-Quality Lead Magnet Report
- An Autoresponder Follow Up Series
- 7 Articles About Self-Limiting Beliefs
- eCover Graphics, Banners and more…
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions link in your download area after you purchase.
New Deals Today
New Training: Printable Pros
You may have noticed that I have not been promoting a lot of training programs lately. I’m making an exception for Kate’s new Printable Pros training this week because I’ve done all of Kate’s previous courses and I always learn a ton. I’m expecting this one will be no different and will be picking it up for myself as well before the day is out. It’s been one of my priority goals this year to get a retail printables shop up and running.
Printable Pros will show you how to quickly create a successful printable business on Etsy, your own blog, or your website. She’s also going to share her bonus printable-plus strategy. Bonus content is also included, such as checklists, lead magnets, swipe files, shop graphics, and much more! This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE course that will help you generate passive income with in-demand printables.
Check it out here if you’re interested in building up your own printables shop.
This product qualifies for bonuses. You’ll find the bonus claim document in your Warrior Plus download area after you purchase.
New Coloring Pages: Meditation Coloring Journal
Rayven has released a new Meditation Coloring Journal this week. You get 28 pages for only $27 with coupon code MEDITATION through Monday, August 30. Pages include:
- Simple Beginnings
- Meditation Tips
- Morning Journal
- Mindful Meditation
- Canvas Of Emotions
- Night Journal
- Cultivating Growth Through Meditation
- Inspiring Quote
- Weekly Reflection
- Weekly Planner
- Mindfulness Tips
- Setting Intentions
- After Meditation Journal
- Meditation Log
- And 13 more…
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim information on Rayven’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: I Love My Cat Journal
Jan has released a new, super cute I Love My Cat Journal this week. It includes 40 pages in both PPT and Canva formats for only $12.95 with coupon code CATSPECIAL through September 1. (How is it almost September already?!?)
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim information on Jan’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: You Got This! Success Planner
Becky has a new release this week as well. The You Got This! Success Planner includes undated planner pages, monthly agenda, meal planners, gratitude page, workout plan and habit trackers, plus more. Use coupon code SUCCESS to save $10 through Monday, August 30.
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim information on Becky’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: Express Gratitude During Difficult Times
April has released a gorgeous new Express Gratitude Planner and Printables pack this week. The package includes:
- 26-Page Done-For-You Planner
- 20 Canva Affirmation Templates
- 10 Digital Paper Backgrounds
- 10 Digital Sticker
- 5 Informative Printables
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim information on April’s site after you purchase.
ICYMI… Yesterday’s Deals
New Coloring Pages: Cute Monsters Coloring Bundle
I don’t usually buy or promote kids coloring packs much anymore, but I thought these were so cute this morning that I bought the whole funnel. Saurav has released a Cute Monsters Coloring Bundle that includes 30 line art drawings as well as a set of monster elements that you can use to mix and match and create your own monster characters.
There are also three additional offers after you purchase:
BRONZE EDITION (Upsell 1) : 30 Studio Quality Black & White Background Illustrations And 30 Ready To Print Coloring Pages With The Monsters Combined!
SILVER EDITION (Upsell 2) : 30 Fully Colored Cute Monster Designs And Fully Editable Monster Creation Asset Pack Combined!
GOLD EDITION (Upsell 3) : 30 Fully Colored Background Designs And 30 Fully Colored Background Designs With Monsters Combined!
This product qualifies for bonuses. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions in your Warrior Plus area after you purchase.
New Self-Help PLR: Imposter Syndrome
Justin and the team at Tools for Motivation have a new package available this week. Merit: Diagnose and Defeat Imposter Syndrome Once and For All is a complete “biz in a box” package that includes:
1) A Premium Content Folder (Content You Can Sell)
- Full eBook
- Visually enhanced eBook
- High-Quality Audiobook
2) A Lead Generation Section (Content To Build Your List With)
- Lead Magnet Report
- Pre-Written Emails for your autoresponder
- Key Lesson Slide Deck
3) A Branding Section (Content For Blogging and Online Marketing)
- 10 Articles about living with your imperfections and turning them to your advantage
- 10 slide decks
- 2 reports repurposed from the articles
- A checklist report extracted from the eBook
4) A Social Section (Content For Social Media Marketing)
- 20 Tips posters (all editable)
- A full infographic (editable)
- 20 Pinterest Images
- 20 Instagram Images
- 20 Facebook Posts
- 30 Pre-Written Tweets
5) A Marketing Suite
- Sales Letter
- Product Thumbnails
- Hand Curated Photo Collection
This product qualifies for bonuses. Email your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the bonus claim instructions.
New Bundle Sale: Daily Faith Bundle
If you serve the Faith-based market, Avery, Sam and Kelly are running a bundle sale over at Daily Faith PLR that you might want to take a look at. There are 21 full products with a mix of PLR and Personal Use resources for only $19. The sale runs from today through August 31.
- Praying The Word Journal PLR Product
- Amazing Affirmations: New Beginnings PLR Coloring Page
- Story Of Moses Lesson Bundle Personal Use Product
- 30 Faith-Based Social Media Images PLR Product
- Kid’s Gratitude Journal PLR Product
- Faith-Based Sayings & Bible Verses Coloring Pages PLR Product
- Bible Study Journal PLR Product
- Butterflies And Blooms Personal Use Product
- Life Stones: Achieve your Kingdom Goals Personal Use Product
- Bible Study Journal PLR Product
- Bible Journaling And Coloring Kit PLR Product
- Walk In Faith Digital Planner PLR Product
- Combo Faith Planner PLR Product
- New Creation Bible Journal Set PLR Product
- 30 Day Mindfulness Journal PLR Product
- Living Faith – Canva Wall Art PLR Product
- Gratitude Journal Template PLR Product
- Faith Coloring Bundle PLR Product
- Laser Focus: Improve Your Concentration & Achieve More in Less Time Personal Use Product
- 75 Vintage Digital Papers PLR Product
- Proverbs 31 Day Reading Journal/Planner PLR Product
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on the Daily Faith site after you purchase.
The Freebie Section
New! Free Fall Journal Prompts and Journal from Health & Wellness PLR
New! Free September Product Listing Challenge from Lori Winslow
Free Confidence Printables from Ekit Hub
Free Guide to Participating in Bundles and Giveaways from Jenn Brockman
Free At a Glance Calendars from Lori Winslow
10 Free Confidence Graphics from Alice at Publish for Prosperity
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
- Back to School Girls Premade Designs from Creative Fabrica
- New! Hello Selly Font from Creative Fabrica
- New! Creative Fabrica Freebie – Chalk and Friend Typeface
- New! Design Cuts Freebie – Campground Font
- Design Bundles Freebie – Flowers Procreate Brush
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor forest friends
- New! Design Bundles Free Design of the Week
- New! Design Bundles Free Craft Design – Moon SVG File
- New! Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Keen On You
- Font Bundles Freebie – Rosella Handwritten Brush Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Floralista Font
- Cat Character Creator from The Hungry Jpeg
- And from me – a set of digital stickers to use in your projects
And that’s it for me today! I’m off to find some brunch and then set up a schedule for getting caught up now that I’m back on my own computer.
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. – $5-$7 Deals For You
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|