Happy Friday the Thirteenth!
I know there’s a myth out there that Friday the 13th is a bad luck day, but I’ve always ended up having a pretty good day when it rolls around. Then again, I’ve always had either black, or black and white cats too so who knows?
I’ve been doing new bonuses this morning, and actually getting things checked off my to do list. I thought I had a very unproductive day yesterday, but when I sat down last evening to check off I could see that I got done almost everything on my list, and I made progress on two creative projects.
So, to start back into the daily reads, I thought I’d share with you some tips on taking action.
Today’s Read: 5 Tips for Strengthening Your Action Habits
Way back when, I used to call myself the “queen of procrastination” and I was pretty proud of the fact that I could put things off with the best, and then work like heck around the clock to get things done on time. Once I finally figured out that I couldn’t do that anymore – yes, a heart attack or two is a pretty good indication that it doesn’t work – I started looking for ways to take more action and procrastinate less.
Here are 5 tips that I’ve found to work for me…
Tip #1 – Live By Your Planner!
Right about the time I had some major surgery a few years ago (long after the heart attack), I also discovered bullet journaling. I’d always loved to write and hated planners that didn’t have enough space for what I wanted to record in a day. Once I found I could create my own planner layout that had enough space for everything I wanted to do in a day, I was off to the races. And I learned to put everything in the calendar – from appointments, to project deadlines, to reminders to do the dishes or wash my hair. You might think those last two are a little strange, but I’ve learned that for myself, if it’s not on the to-do list, it doesn’t get done.
Tip #2 – Ditch the Need to be Perfect
Sometimes when you put something off – kinda like me with course videos – it’s because I think they’re not good enough, and that need to look like a video pro has me procrastinating on them. As long as I remind myself that no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes, and that me looking nervous and stumbling over my words just makes it real, then I can usually force myself to take the actions needed to get the lessons done. I’ve learned to live by the “done is better than perfect” motto, even though it still doesn’t come naturally.
Tip #3 – Intentions are Good, Results are Better
This is another place where my action-taking (and a lot of other people’s too) needs constant work. You mean to do the thing. Truly really mean to. But when it doesn’t happen, or doesn’t happen in the way you thought it should, you feel guilty about the whole thing. Feeling guilty sucks, so do the thing and if it turns out really badly, do it over or pay someone else to do it for you.
Tip #4 – Just Start
I learned this one from a counsellor when I was having trouble getting myself motivated to do a really big project a few years ago. She gave me the challenge to just start each day, to do two to five minutes of the project and if I still wasn’t feeling it, I could stop for the day. And you know what? It works. Nine times out of ten you’ll keep going because you don’t want to lose the momentum you’ve built up just by getting started for those few minutes.
Tip #5 – Build in Time for Breaks
As I mentioned at the beginning of this article, my health doesn’t let me work nonstop for 10 or 12 hours anymore. So, I’ve had to learn to take breaks, and lots of them if I want to have a productive day. I usually manage about 8 to 10 hours of actual work time, but I also take a long lunch, and a long dinner break every day. And I take shorter breaks in between tasks to clear my mind and get focused on the next action.
Sometimes I’ve even been known to take 3 or 4 hours off and go golfing on the spur of the moment. That doesn’t happen often though, and the planned golf outings and really long breaks are something I use as incentives to get the daily actions and to-dos out of the way first.
The fact is, whenever you need to get something done, simply taking action and getting it done will take less time and cause less stress than all the energy you will spend trying to avoid doing it. Practice building up your action-taking habits every day, and you’ll find that you get more done and have more mental space and energy to think up new creative projects for yourself. And you’ll have more time for your favorite hobbies too!
And now, here are today’s deals…
Bonus Offers Updates:
I finally started adding new bonuses to the Choose Your Own Bonuses page this morning. Here are the three latest products to choose from:
Here are today’s active offers:
- Simple Happiness – Academic Planner
- Niche Starter Packs – Big Business PLR Blowout Sale
- PLR Beach – Back to School Clipart
- Piggy Makes Bank – Automate Success
- The Happy Journals Club – Organizing Your Content to Get More Done
- Color Monthly – Fairy Goblins Coloring Pages
- PLR Beach – Reading Journal
- Content Accelerators – Digital Sticker Templates 2
- Publish for Prosperity – 4-Week Confidence Course
- Unstoppable PLR – 50 Side Hustle Ideas
- Createful Journals – Desk Calendar Templates
- New Today! Lori Winslow Online – New 2022 Calendar Templates
- New Today! Health and Wellness PLR – Weekend Special Bundle
Last Day for These Deals
New Coloring Pages: Warrior Unicorns
Maureen has added two packs of Warrior Unicorns to her store this week. You can save $10 on each pack through Friday, August 13 – no coupon required.
The two packs are:
- Warrior Unicorns – Black and White Line Art
- Warrior Unicorns – Full Color Images
You’ll find them both on the front page of Maureen’s shop.
New Deals Today
New Printables: 2022 Calendar Template Pack
Lori Winslow has a new pack of 2022 Calendar Templates available this weekend. Use coupon code 2022 to save $10 through Wednesday, August 18. The package includes:
- Master Slide Template
- Plain Calendar Set – Daily, Weekly & Monthly
- Nautical Calendar Set – Daily, Weekly & Monthly
- Full Background Calendar Set – Daily, Weekly & Monthly
- BONUS #1 – 12 Digital Paper Backgrounds (used in the calendars)
- BONUS #2 – 2022 US Holiday List
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on Lori’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: Halloween Templates with Clipart and Papers
Di has released a new Halloween Template pack in her store this week. Use coupon code HALLOW10 to save $10 through Monday, August 16. The pack includes:
- 6 x PowerPoint Document (3 sizes, Color & Greyscale)
- 26 x Papers JPEG @ 300 DPI
- 30 x Clipart PNG @ 300 DPI
- PowerPoint Swatch (import using Color Me Custom plugin)
- JPG Swatch
Existing Content Sale: 22 Health and Wellness Packs for $19
Jennifer at Health and Wellness PLR has a bundle deal this weekend where you can save 85% on a bundle of 22 existing products. The topics covered include:
- No-Equipment Workouts
- Health Benefits of Mint
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Tinnitus 101
- Morning Pages
- Dog Health in the Summer
- Healing Crystals
- Matcha Green Tea
- Natural Headache Remedies
- Chronic Pain Disorders
- Herbs for Arthritis
- Essential Oil Aroma Families
- Healthy Aging
- Living with Anxiety
- Keto Mistakes
- HIIT and Tabata
- Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
- Essential Oils for Allergies
- Fitness Motivation
- Rainbow Meditation
This product qualifies for a bonus. Email your receipt to me at firstname.lastname@example.org – put BONUS REQUEST in the subject line – and I will send you the bonus claim instructions.
New Free PLR: 101 Affirmations
Jennifer also has some free PLR for you this weekend. The 101 Affirmations PLR Pack includes 10 different categories of affirmations that you can use for journal prompts, cards, coloring pages and more. Categories include: Health, Love, Confidence, Success, Money and Wealth, Mornings, Empowerment, Stress and Anxiety, Gratitude, and Positive Mindset.
New PLR: Beginner’s Guide to a Ketogenic Diet
Shannon and Stephanie at Monthly Content Helpers have a new PLR pack out this week. The Beginner’s Guide to a Ketogenic Diet includes a 5000-word Ebook, articles, emails, recipes, and images. Save 50% through August 17 – no coupon required.
ICYMI… Yesterday’s Deals
New Birthday Sale!
Jan at Simple Happiness is celebrating her birthday this week with a sitewide sale in her shop. Use coupon code BIRTHDAY60 to save 60% through Sunday, August 15.
She’s also got a set of 60 Digital Papers that is her gift to you. Use coupon code BIRTHDAYGIFT to get them free.
New PLR: 4 Weeks to a More Confident You
Alice has a new package for you over at Publish for Prosperity this weekend. The 4 Weeks to a More Confident You package includes:
- 4 Confidence Boosting Reports: You get 4 illustrated guides (34 pages/ 12,051 words) (.doc) that teach your readers step-by-step how they can gain confidence so they can live the life they deserve!
- 4 Detailed Checklists: You get 4 checklists (7 pages/ 1,093 words) (.doc) that will give your readers a summary of what steps to take based on each of the instructional reports.
- 4 Worksheets: (13 pages/ 809 words) One to accompany each of the reports so your readers can stay on track while learning how to create confidence.
- 4 Professionally-Designed Ecover Sets: .JPG and .PSD with flat cover and 4 x 3D versions to go with each report to help your opt-ins stand out.
- 4 Course Delivery Emails: Add these emails to your autoresponder and deliver the course materials over 4 lessons. We’ve made it super easy!
- 1 Lead-Generating Opt-in Page: To help you grow your list with this content, we’ve included the opt-in copy and the WordPress-ready code for you.
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on Alice’s site after you purchase.
Want to try before you buy? Grab these 10 Confidence Graphics absolutely free!
New Printables: Desk Calendar Templates
Sue has just released a really cute set of Desk Calendar Templates. Use coupon code CALENDAR5 to save $5 through Monday, August 16. The pack includes:
- Desktop Calendar Templates
- Aug/Dec 2021 + 2022 + 2023 Calendars
- Calendar Stand Template
- Print Layout for saving as a PDF
- Calendars are in easy to edit PowerPoint Templates
- Full Color in 2.8 x 6 inches
- 2022 Version includes Quotes
- Video of how to put the calendar together
- Commercial Use License
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on Sue’s site after you purchase.
New Printables: Horse Maintenance Journal
Jenn has released a new Horse Maintenance Journal this week. Use coupon code GIDDYUP to save $10 through Monday, August 16. This package includes 20 unique layouts in 3 sizes, along with a cover.
New PLR: 50 Online Side Hustle Ideas
Aurelius has a new PLR Pack available this week for under $10. 50 Online Side Hustle Ideas includes:
- Module 1: High-Quality Ebook
- Module 2: Printable Checklist
- Module 3: Resource Cheat Sheet
- Module 4: Mindmap
- Module 5: Ready-Made Mobile-Friendly Sales Page
- Module 6: Lead Magnet & Opt-in Page
- Module 7: High-Quality Professional Graphics
- Module 8: 10 x Quality Articles
- Module 9: Promotional Email Swipes
- Module 10: Social Media Viral Images Pack
This product qualifies for a bonus. You’ll find the bonus claim instructions on the Warrior Plus site after you purchase.
Ongoing Deals You Might Like
New Sticker Templates for Affinity
Sticker Templates for Affinity Designer from Catherine – use coupon code STICKERS2 through August 15.
This product qualifies for a bonus. Email your receipt to me at email@example.com and I will send you the bonus claim information.
New Planner: 2022 Planner from Bethany
Bethany at PLR Perfect is a new contributor to my bundles this year, and she’s just launched her first planner. The Simply Stunning 24-month PLR Calendar and Planner includes 58 unique layouts and you can pick it up right now for only $17 when you use coupon code GETREADY22 through Saturday, August 14
New Training: Organizing Your Content to Get More Done
Fran at The Happy Journals PLR Club has released a new training on Organizing Your Content to Get More Done. The course covers:
- Taking Inventory
- Folder Systems & Clouds
- Spreadsheets and Links
- OneNote for Written Content
- Using ToDoist for Productivity
You’ll also get video lessons, workbooks, checklists, quizzes and extra resources. The course is on sale this weekend for only $27 (no coupon needed) through 2 p.m. Eastern, August 14.
This product qualifies for a bonus. You will find the bonus claim instructions in your members area on Fran’s site after you purchase.
Creative Fabrica’s Weekly Discount Deals
The Hungry Jpeg’s Dollar Deals Page
Contemporary Art Deco Collection from Design Cuts
New! The Printables Sticker Bundle, Vol. 3 from Design Bundles
New! The Procreate Brush Bundle 4 from Design Bundles
The Camper Cuties Bundle from The Hungry Jpeg – 25 graphics packs for $16
New! Friday Flash Sale – Best-Selling SVG Files Bundle – 900+ cut files for $9
The Autumn Days Collection from The Hungry Jpeg – 24 fonts and 25 graphics packs for $29
New! The Salt & Pepper Font Bundle – 400+ fonts for $22
The Freebie Section
New! Free 101 Affirmations with PLR from Health and Wellness PLR
New! Free At a Glance Calendars from Lori Winslow
New! Free Digital Papers from Jan – use coupon code BIRTHDAYGIFT
Free Build Yourself and Others Up PLR from Tools for Motivation (ends Friday, July 23)
Free Action Word Stickers from Di
Analyzing & Improving Top Traffic Sources from Piggy Makes Bank includes 7 articles and 7 emails.
- New! Watercolor Rustic Wedding Clipart from Creative Fabrica
- Dino Park Font from Creative Fabrica
- New! Creative Fabrica Freebie – Cotton Candy Font
- New! Design Cuts Freebie – 10 Shadow Overlays
- Design Bundles Freebie – Flowers Procreate Brush
- Design Bundles Freebies – Watercolor forest friends
- New! Design Bundles Free Design of the Week
- New! Design Bundles Free Craft Design – Sarcastic Coffee Mug
- New! Font Bundles Free Font of the Week
- Font Bundles Freebie – Keen On You
- Font Bundles Freebie – Rosella Handwritten Brush Font
- New! The Hungry Jpeg Freebie – Scrapbooking Ocean Tie Dye Papers
- Cat Character Creator from The Hungry Jpeg
- And from me – 5 free digital papers for your projects (from the last Sunday Roundup in case you missed them)
That’s it for me today!
Have an amazing day! Create what makes your heart happy!
P.S. – $5-$7 Deals For You
P.P.S – Miss the last newsletter? Read it here
|Disclaimer: I often recommend products and services that I use or that have been recommended to me by people we trust. In many cases these recommendations are accompanied by an affiliate link, which provides me with a referral commission should you click through and make a purchase.The information presented here is for educational purposes only. Before taking any action that may affect your health, finances, or well-being, please check with your own doctor, health-care provider, financial and business advisers, etc.Always do your own due diligence and make the best choices for YOUR life.Note: You are receiving this email because at some point you have either purchased a product from us, or received a free offer and consented to receive emails from us. If you ever wish to change your preferences or unsubscribe completely, simply click the link at the bottom of this email.|